To repair or not?

Hello all,
New to the forum here and looking for some help.
I have an vintage Constellation from my dad when he passed away many years ago and hoping someone can help identify it and let me know if its worth getting fixed.
I know nothing of this watch, or that it existed. As a small child I remember my dad showing me a Seamaster with the seahorse on the caseback which I wanted but never new about this watch. When he passed the seamaster was not found, perhaps he sold it, don't know for sure.
The watch runs but the seconds hand is stuck to the hour hand and both move as one. The bracelet doesn't seem original as the clasp has a "JB" logo.
The watch was in a small red cigar style box with Omega name on the inside. Is it worth getting repaired is my question or leave it as a keepsake.

The photos are too blurry for us to be able to evaluate the originality of the dial. If you want us to do that, then take good clear photos of the dial when the hands are not blocking the printing.

However, original or not, it's really your choice. If you think you would use it, then it's certainly worth having repaired. If you don't plan to wear it, then just put it aside and hold onto it. The watch can always be repaired in the future.

BTW, the sweep seconds hand is stuck on the minute hand, not the hour hand, which would be very unexpected.

The nice brick-link JB Champion bracelet was added at some point, as you suggested.

Seems to me that this watch is certainly worth to be put back in shape ... in addition to be sentimentally important ..

This could be a very attractive watch and it looks to be original. I can also see the original constellation box underneath the watch. Could you send pictures of this?

Just get it serviced. The watchmaker can open this watch and then you know which model it it. It could be a 2852 from the late 50's. But others will chime in to give opinions.

I’d say that watch is certainly worth having cleaned up and serviced. It’s a nice vintage Constellation with a good case and what appears to be an original textured dial (although better pics are required to confirm).

A service by a competent watchmaker, crystal polish and case clean (but don’t polish the case) will improve matters tremendously

Thanks for the replies. I may just look into getting it repaired, and put a leather strap on it. I've attached some more detailed pics. Would it be advisable to send it in to a authorized repair facility or will any watchmaker do? There is a Swatch group facility near me but reviews aren't to positive. I did use them years ago for a watch that was still under warranty and they fixed the issue but did recommend replacing the bracelet which they claimed had too much play (watch was only 2 months old). Now that I will be paying for service I can imagine I will be at their mercy. Appreciate all the advice.

Where you at? Maybe somebody here can give you advise which watchmaker you can use?

Thanks for the replies. I may just look into getting it repaired, and put a leather strap on it. I've attached some more detailed pics. Would it be advisable to send it in to a authorized repair facility or will any watchmaker do?

Neither. You need a good, independent watchmaker, sympathetic to vintage watches. Let us know your broad location and someone will recommend a watchmaker.

There is a Swatch group facility near me but reviews aren't to positive.
Reviews do not matter, as that Swatch facility will not service the watch unless you are in Bienne, Switzerland. They will accept it and ship it there.
gatorcpa

Don't send it to Omega for servicing if you want the vintage character of the watch to be preserved. Your local service center will send it to the Omega mother ship in Switzerland. Aside from it being gone for months and months before you get it back, Omega will likely update the watch with modern parts (hands, for example) which will ruin the watch's vintage character and collectible value. If you tell us where you're located, chances are that we can recommend a local independent watchmaker with an Omega parts account who has experience servicing vintage watches and preserving their character.

If you are going to wear it, service it. It's a charming watch, sentimental value aside.

Definitely get it serviced and wear it. It was your dad's watch after all!

You could send it to Ashton Tracy. Also in Ontario. If it's too far to drive, just pack it carefully and put it in the mail.
https://www.precisionhorology.com/
FYI Ottawa is 5 hours from Vaughn.
Squireswatches.com in London is much closer and his turnaround time is much better. You can mail it to him. Prices are reasonable too and he has an Omega parts account.

As well as Ashton Tracy or Archer, the Little Shop of Horology in Mississauga gets good reviews, and handles vintage Omegas.

He’s closest to you and worth a visit.

Just a quick update. I've looked into the recommendations you guys made and reached out to them. Sqiureswatches seems to be the most economical for a service. I realize costs can change once they get the watch in hand. Charlie has placed me in the queue for April which is fine as it will give me some time to save up my pennies, with Christmas here gifts for the family come first. I will keep you all updated.

Just a quick update. I've looked into the recommendations you guys made and reached out to them. Sqiureswatches seems to be the most economical for a service. I realize costs can change once they get the watch in hand. Charlie has placed me in the queue for April which is fine as it will give me some time to save up my pennies, with Christmas here gifts for the family come first. I will keep you all updated.

Great decision. Looking forward to seeing pics once it comes back to you!

Update...
Just got my watch back from Charlie Squires and I am quite pleased with the results. It will definately be my go to dress watch. As noted by Bruce235 turn around time was very quick and the price was much better than I expected. The stain on the dial is still there as Charlie explained removing it might damage the dial. I guess it does help contribute to the patina look. Big difference from the before and after. Charlie dates this watch from the early 50's.
Thanks for every ones advice.