To clean or not to clean?

Depends on the bracelet. A vintage Rolex unpolished bracelet and clasp will definitely command a higher premium than a refinished one.
I have dozens of vintage Rolex bracelets and have bought and sold many. I would say that this depends very much on the condition of the unpolished bracelet. A typical stretched out and dented (but unpolished) 7206 rivet can easily be found for $1500. After restoration, they can be sold for $2500. An unrestored tight and unpolished 7206 is extremely rare to find, and they don't actually sell for much more than $2500 in my experience.

Put it this way.

If two identical watches like the one in question were featured in an exhibit, one polished and one looking just as the worn one you are showing us, I would look right past the polished one to admire the one left strictly alone.

I've paid my dues with polished watch cases. I've gone off the "melt look."

Like 1
I’m in the ‘my watch, my choice’ camp.

Admittedly none of my watches are especially valuable and I appreciate that were I to offer most of them for sale, I’d be lucky to get back what I paid for them.

It’s a bit like driving the family care I drive. Depreciation sets in the moment I leave the showroom.

None of mine are safe queens and I have them for the pleasure of wearing them so, accepting that, I want it to look nice on my wrist and that’s entirely a matter of my taste, be it good or bad.

I’m sure I’d enjoy wearing the one on the left.

Like 2
Put it this way.

If two identical watches like the one in question were featured in an exhibit, one polished and one looking just as the worn one you are showing us, I would look right past the polished one to admire the one left strictly alone.

I've paid my dues with polished watch cases. I've gone off the "melt look."
+1

I had an old, battered seamaster 120, 166.088 restored to like-new. Sold it and bought an older one. My preference would have been to find a safe-queen, but those are hard to find and spendy.

Controversial, perhaps, but maybe the best answer to the question is the “watchco” style for the “polished” camp. Cost much less, look great, wear without risk, and harms nobody.

consider, old and new:

Like 3
Is the 600 missing it bezel?? Screenshot_20240329-102434.png

I don’t think it is meant to have one, this particular theatrics?

Correct. No bezel. Less temptation to polish! :)

Like 1
Looked like it's got a little lip ?? Could be a reflection

Like 1