Tissot Jumbo Flieger 44mm

Hey guys, I would like to share my latest project with you. Almost 7 months ago, I got offered two Tissot Jumbo watches. One of them was a whopping 44mm Tissot Flieger. I knew the 40mm Flieger of Tissot, but never heard of a 44mm one. This was the condition I got the watch in:

DSC05639-1.jpg DSC05639-1_cu.jpg DSC05642-4.jpg DSC05644-6_cu.jpg DSC05645-7_cu.jpg DSC05647-9_cu.jpg

Besides the huge size, the case is chrome plated and has a bezel that turns together with the mineral crystal.
When the watch arrived it was a mess, but for sure it was a candidate to save. Or have you ever heard of a 44m Flieger? Me neither. So I needed to source hands, some movement parts and a crown. Believe me, It wasnt easy to find hands, that are suitable for a pocket watch movement, but shorter than the usal pocket watch ones. I am very happy with the result though.

With the cown, I needed to make a compromise. I wanted to have a huge onion crown like on other German Pattern Flieger, but some Tissot Geeks here and there recommend to me, not to destroy the existing tube, since it could be original. So I think I found a optical nice solution with my watchmaker.

And this is the final result. I am quite happy with it and the watch suprisingly wears smaller then I thought. Even on my 17cm wrist its very suitable:

DSC06450-1.jpg DSC06451-1.jpg

So what do you guys think? And did someone of you has a comparable example or more info about this watch? I have a request at the Tissot Heritage Department, but I wait since 5 or 6 months for my extract.

Cheers Nico

Very nice. That crown really looks perfect. And your strap is a great match.

coooool, Nico: congrats!

Is ths a screw-down glass?(Lässt sich das von vorne aufdrehen, von vorne verschraubt?)
atb Jo

I've seen one in the mid 90's for sale at an European Watchfair. Can't remember the price ; was quite cheap. Looks very good now !

I've seen one in the mid 90's for sale at an European Watchfair. Can't remember the price ; was quite cheap. Looks very good now !

who knows, maybe thats the watch? Got it from a watchfair dealer too.

coooool, Nico: congrats!

Is ths a screw-down glass?(Lässt sich das von vorne aufdrehen, von vorne verschraubt?)
atb Jo

hm da dreht sich erstmal nichts, außer die Lünette an sich. Gab es sowas?

Very nice one!

Congratulations on the project - the watch looks great, well done! 🥰 I hope the Heritage department will provide you with some useful information about it. Fliegers by Tissot are scarce enough in their normal 40mm size, never mind a super-jumbo 44mm!

When I get a reply from Tissot, I will post it here. Thanks for your comments!

Just got the extract from Tissot. Took them 7 months, but I finally have the proof that the watch is legit 😀 movement is from 1929 and watch case from 1938.

special thanks to @Vitezi for his help!

IMG_6070.jpeg

very nice, that extract is cool -- i wasn't aware Tissot did that as well.

very nice, that extract is cool -- i wasn't aware Tissot did that as well.

I found out they do at OF some while ago 😁. Pricewise its 105€, but the service is super slow. You get a slot in their service queue and they treat you like you are servicing a watch at their place. Kinda weired and potential to improve. But glad they offer it at least.

Just got the extract from Tissot. Took them 7 months, but I finally have the proof that the watch is legit 😀 movement is from 1929 and watch case from 1938.

special thanks to @Vitezi for his help!

IMG_6070.jpeg

Perfect!

Took the watch out for some daylight. The minute hand was shortened a bit too. Watch is running, but balance is not really good. If someone of you know of a donor movement with intact balance, hook me up please 😀

DSC07146-1.jpg

Btw: The inner pointer triangle has Lume as well. Rgd. the bezel: it's a 2 piece construction. The upper turning part with the crystal is fitted in a groove with a spring of the bigger base part of this bezel.

Btw: The inner pointer triangle has Lume as well.

Ah good to know, will keep that in mind for the next service / movement repair.

Nico