Tissot case for my lemania movement.

I like to keep a weather eye out for empty watch cases.

I saw an auction for a Tissot case no movement. To my surprise I got it for close to my low bid. It also came quicker than I expected.

Screen Shot 2023-08-12 at 7.40.05 PM.png

For years (decades.) I have had a caseless Lemania 105 movement with a wonkey oil stained dial.

Pusher spacing seems unique to the different eubache brands. A landeron 48 will not fit into a Val-23 case. Nor will it fit a Venus case. Not sure why empty landeron 48 cases are the hardest to find.

Val-23/72 cases on the other hand are plentiful. And even sold as L-48/51 cases. Probably becouse their movements are scrapped for the valuable parts.

Lemania pretty much only fits into Omega and Tissot cases. I have a T-12 chronograph with the UFO donut case. I also noticed that the L-1280 movement which still has a movement ring would probably drop right into it.

So I deciced to take a chance on the 40528 case. Not quite the 1940s/50s case I was looking for. A workable case is better than no case. This is a proper Frankenstien case.

IMG_4111.png

The actual case is better than I expected. The auction photographs made it look like a chunk of bakelite bezel was missing. It actually looks quite good to the naked eye. To my surprise the bezel is complete and has a DON 90 marking. There is some delamination in the protective cover which catches the light and makes it look flakey.

The crystal is cracked which might be a bit of a challenge.

Over the years the Telimiter markings have worn off the 105 dial so having the inside chapter ring is a plus. The sweep hand is a bit long for this though. The hour hand is missing, so this will need a new handset anyway.

This can never be anything but a Franken Marriage. Still it has a nice Bride of Frankenstien vibe to it when the movement is placed into the case.

IMG_4113.png
It is also a penny for pound watch as it needs a crown as well as a new pusher. I did get a stem for it.

In the meantime, it goes back into the drawer, until I do find these case parts and an interesting handset. Curious the hour hand broke off, but not the minute. The register hand will be a bit tricky.

Some time things do work out.

This one is a keeper.

Like 3