Timing Issue

Good evening, hope all is well.

I recently purchased a seamaster 300 heritage from a seller on here. I messaged the seller but haven’t heard back yet.

I noticed it has been consistently running slow -2 seconds in less than 24hrs. The watch is under warranty. I have checked it twice with the same results.

I wear the watch daily. Honestly, for the price of the watch I would think that it should be more accurate.

What do you think? Is this a warranty claim? Or should the seller offer an exchange?

Thanks in advance.

Change the position you store it in over night.

different positions have different timing errors. You will find the best to position to balance it out.

so far sounds in spec.

Like 1
I'll buck the trend slightly and say -2 isn't ideal for a master chronometer. They're meant to bias running fast in the 0/+5 range, not slow. 2 seconds is excellent, but in the other direction is preferable. That said, taking Rolex as an example, their superlative chronometer specification is -2/+2 so if you owned a Rolex, your watch would be within factory spec at that rate.

Basically, as everyone else has said, it is not worth worrying about. Certainly wouldn't blame the seller as they've done nothing wrong, personally wouldn't bother taking it to Omega either as there is clearly nothing wrong with it, it's just regulated a little off where you'd like it. As Foo2rama said, just try storing it overnight in whichever position runs the fastest to average out to a better final result.

Like 5
-2 sec! Watch out or you will be late for work in a couple of years :).

Welcome to Omega Forum, you Surly have good taste in watches, that is a beautiful no date Seamaster.

Like 2
As has been pointed out here on the forum many times, the Omega spec doesn’t hold for every single position; odds are your watch is perfectly within spec.

And in any case, -2 per day is amazing. Think of it this way: there are 86,400 seconds in a day. Your mechanical watch, made of little bits and bobs, is off by 2. …2.3 thousandths of one percent, I believe. Pretty darn good.

Like 2
Price has nothing to do with accuracy. My 15 year old $260 Luminox quartz is more accurate than every automatic up to $20k I own.

Shit a $19 Casio is more accurate than nearly ever watch you see here
IMG_8816.jpeg

Like 1
Price has nothing to do with accuracy. My 15 year old $260 Luminox quartz is more accurate than every automatic up to $20k I own.

Shit a $19 Casio is more accurate than nearly ever watch you see here
IMG_8816.jpeg

This is NOT a watch! It is a computer! Little wonder it is accurate. What sort of future does it have as a collectible?
Edited:

For some perspective.........You would've spent a lot more than 2 seconds posting this thread!

Like 1
This is NOT a watch! It is a computer! Little wonder it is accurate. What sort of future does it have as a collectible?
So, because it’s a “computer” and “not a watch”, it can’t be collectible? Do you share the same perspective on this?

IMG_0416.jpeg

Like 3
Thank you all for your superb advice/knowledge! I learn more here every day. I wasn’t trolling you, it was a legitimate question from a novice.

It’s definitely getting some wear patina. Hard to keep it pristine. At first every micro scratch bothered the sh!t out of me :D

Like 1
It’s definitely getting some wear patina. Hard to keep it pristine. At first every micro scratch bothered the sh!t out of me :D

The first ones are the hardest to accept. Now you can accept it will inevitably happen and enjoy it even more, lol. Wear it in good health!

Like 1

To be accurate, We are talking accuracy not collectability here.

And collectability is always changing.
Look at how the pocket watch market tanked :whistling:

Good evening, hope all is well.

I recently purchased a seamaster 300 heritage from a seller on here. I messaged the seller but haven’t heard back yet.

I noticed it has been consistently running slow -2 seconds in less than 24hrs. The watch is under warranty. I have checked it twice with the same results.

I wear the watch daily. Honestly, for the price of the watch I would think that it should be more accurate.

What do you think? Is this a warranty claim? Or should the seller offer an exchange?

Thanks in advance.

@Surly download "watch accuracy meter" from the Google store. Time this watch in all six positions to get a good idea for how to rest it overnight for better time keeping!

Good luck, beautiful piece.