Timing Issue

@Surly download "watch accuracy meter" from the Google store. Time this watch in all six positions to get a good idea for how to rest it overnight for better time keeping!

Noting though that depending on your phone microphone, this may not produce reliable results. If the results are all over the place, it will definitely be the phone and not the watch - a watch that can't keep time reliably is not going to fall within a +-2s/d range.

The lo fi bulletproof method, though it is unfortunately time consuming and you'll be without your watch a while, is to just wind your watch up and set it against an accurate source (I use time.is), place it in a given position, then don't touch it for 24 hours. Check the difference against the source, record it, wind, set and repeat in the next position.

OP, you can Google to learn about the METAS testing methodology, but unless you're an absolute psycho and intend to magnetise and place your watch in a sous vide and such, I would just test it with the dial up, dial down, crown up, and crown down. Record the drift over 24 hours in each position. Given in daily wear you are running a couple of seconds slow, I would suggest whichever of the above positions yields the fastest result, you store your watch in that position when not wearing to even out the difference.

My Railmaster 2504.52 runs +4 s/d in daily wear, but only +1 s/d with the crown up so that's how I place it down when I go to bed. No positions are slow so that's about the best I can achieve.