Timex Titanium GMT (that I’m surprised I like)

Posting this in the spirit of “check your bias.” I’ll admit I suffer from some snobbery when it comes to brands like Timex and Citizen. This watch, which I just stumbled upon online—it’s apparently a limited edition collaboration with some knife brand?—is a case in point for why I should get over that. Not saying it changes my opinion of Timex as a “cheap” “mall” brand, but I’ll be damned if I’m not seriously considering ordering one of these.

Fact is, I’m not generally a GMT guy at all—I’ll take a Sub over a Pepsi all day long—but the styling and subtle coloring of this, and the very nicely done Ti bracelet here… hmm.

One wishes they’d left off the date.

Like 2
Should provide the link.

Maybe, given the Snoopy/Peanuts link, one could argue that Timex is the downmarket cousin-brand of Omega.

This thing's been getting a lot of buzz. I like the look of it. I'm curious to see how people review it after some time on the wrist.

The price point seems a bit high for the brand but not unreasonable for the specs... Though it feels like another example of how everyone scrambling to move upmarket.

Like 1
Yeah, it's interesting: the price seems punchy for a Timex, but, then, for an automatic true-GMT in titanium with a full bracelet... it feels not unreasonable at all.

Like 2
Saw that when I was trying to purchase the tennis snoopy for my kid… Which is sold out of course... but this is tempting to try out. Limited to 1000 apparently. James Brand collab.

Like 1