Forums Latest Members
  1. Annapolis May 5, 2020

I'm new the see-thru caseback thing---the c.2006 AT I recently picked up is my first. Just for fun, I did an iPhone slowmo of the movement and it was cool to see the balance wheel rocking back and forth.

I'm considering setting up a timelapse of the movement too, but I'm wondering (since there'd be no point whatsoever in timelapse recording the balance wheel): what else, if anything, that's visible from the back should be moving? Are any of the other visible gears ones that would be noticeably moving in sped-up video, or are they all (perhaps?) connected to the rotor and so don't move unless the watch is being moved around? Since half of the back is obstructed at all times by the rotor weight, I want to be selective.

This is probably a total newbie qeustion---I apologize---but, then, I'm a newbie. Attaching two movement pics with the rotor in different positions, in case it helps to answer...

IMG_0734.jpg IMG_0736.jpg
  2. Peter_from_NL May 5, 2020

Basically everything you see as long as you wait long enough.....

3. Caliber561 May 5, 2020

If the 2500 had a visible power train, then you would be able to take nice timelapse shots of that. Unfortunately, that is not the case for this movement.

4. Annapolis May 5, 2020

Copy that, ok thanks guys. Sounds like it’d have to be a super long timelapse and I don’t think I want it off my wrist that long. (Although maybe I could set it up overnight...)