Forums Latest Members

Thoughts on this Speedmaster Pro

1. mzinski Sep 27, 2019

Hi,

On my quest to find a Speedmaster Pro I've come across one from 2005, reference 3570.50 with hesalite crystal, solid case back, service history unknown, no water resistance guaranty, and in very good condition. Price is $2650.

I started this hunt looking at vintage but upon realizing the modern ones are "fairly" unchanged from the early models I have started looking at modern references too. My preference is still probably vintage but I'm intrigued to buy a modern, clean example to break in and make my own. For me, the absolutes are closed case back, hesalite crystal, 861 or 1861 movement, and comes with bracelet.

My questions are:

- Is this a fair deal (price vs condition)?
    - Does anything stick out as a concern or issue?
    - Is there any compelling reason to forget the modern references and continue my hunt for vintage?

Anyways, thanks in advance!
    Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 12.45.41 PM.png

2. BradleyJ. Sep 27, 2019

Is this an elady item? The all white background is something they do (as well as others) I ask cause they seem to polish a lot of their items.

Price seems fair

Assume it has not been serviced

Only go vintage if you want a specific year (birth year for example) or if you want a watch with a certain movement that a modern example wont have.

Nothing sticks out as wrong seeing only one picture but keep in mind it's used so there may be not enough links with the sale and you may need to buy more.

If you like it.... buy it. And if it is elady then make sure to use a coupon. Be aware if it's coming thru customs there could be fees or at the least a long wait to get it.

mzinski likes this.
  3. mzinski Sep 27, 2019

Thanks! It is eLady - price with a coupon. Links allow for it to fit my wrist size.

For a Speedy, when I really think about it, my interest in vintage probably only lies in yellow lume and some modest patina on a dial. But I can live without those things.

Like it, yeah, I like it. I'm just being cautious on price before jumping on one.

4. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Sep 27, 2019

Where do you find these eLady coupons, if I may inquire.

5. mzinski Sep 27, 2019

I created an account and signed up for the newsletter. Coupon came about 1 week later. From what I understand, they come fairly frequently.

6. BradleyJ. Sep 27, 2019

You can also just Google elady coupon and some will pop up. I think best right now is 8%