Posts
102
Likes
45
Hey all,

Been looking to pick up a triple date (MK 40) as my new daily wear watch. Saw this one come up, thoughts on it?

Case looks sharp to me, Tritium looks a great color, lume in the hands looks good / consistent/ non-splotchy colored like I've seen on others. Bezel has a few dings, but I'm okay with that as I will be wearing this as my daily / tool watch and will likely add a few more myself. Bezel paint looks clean though as compared to others that typically have it scratched off near the crystal. Can't tell if it's just the photos, but dial seems to have some sort of aging / inconsistent color to it - anyone can corroborate and give thoughts on if standard or a concern?

I have asked the seller for last service, pictures of the movement, and videos of the chrono functions operating, anything else I should ask / look for?

Thanks!

Edited:
 
Posts
192
Likes
369
I think it is one of the most underrated watches.
Here's mine, 29 years old. Unfortunately, during a service they replaced the hands with brand new ones. But I can survive...
I like it very much with a suede brown strap.
 
Posts
102
Likes
45
I think it is one of the most underrated watches.
Here's mine, 29 years old. Unfortunately, during a service they replaced the hands with brand new ones. But I can survive...
I like it very much with a suede brown strap.

Agreed! Ending up finding one earlier this year and have been enamored with it! 😍