Thoughts on this sector dial cal 12.68z ?

I've been after a black sector dial from Longines for a while now and recently came across this at a reasonable price. Maybe too reasonable? So I'm coming here for some thoughts.

My thoughts? The hands and dial fonts appear too white and clean for their age. However, the dial itself seems to have some patina and the "Longines" looks correct for the period. On the whole, the numbering and lines appear consistent. Not sure why there's a minute track along the hours and a second track along the minutes? There are also two areas of concern around the subdial - 1) the adjacent hour markers seem slightly uneven and 2) one of the corners to the right of the 30 minute marker looks disconnected.

As I write all this out, its seeming more and more likely that this is a redial. Am I right?

Redial IMO

Longines logo is wrong size, subdial print is off. And never seen one with «swiss» only.

Even without looking at the dial it is a clear franken. The style of the dial and case are from the mid- 1930s — with a serial number on the case starting in 53xxxxx- which should match the serial number of the movement.
Instead, this was paired with a much later movement - with a 10 million ++ serial number dating to the late 50s.
Could have been a watch with a terribly damaged dial and movement.

I think the watch looks great and a stunning piece on the arm (this is just in case you have already purchased it) 😀
If you haven't already purchased and are looking for original / untouched, yes, it does seem to be modified. The outer tracks seem crisp while the subdial is less.

Thanks for the fast and helpful responses! Didn't think to check the movement vs. the case serial numbers. I'll add that to my checklist. Is there a reference table somewhere of years vs. serial numbers that I can keep handy?

Redpcar, thanks for humoring me but I didn't purchase. Originality is always my goal, or as close to it as possible.

Thanks for the fast and helpful responses! Didn't think to check the movement vs. the case serial numbers. I'll add that to my checklist. Is there a reference table somewhere of years vs. serial numbers that I can keep handy.

There are a couple on line you can easily find with a sesrch engine.