Thoughts on this Omega Constellation Pie Pan

Everything is in the title. I am looking for a Constellation Pie Pan cross hair.
The seller is just an hour drive from me. He is waiting for his watch maker to open the watch and send me pictures of the movement. In the meantime, I would love to get a second look from the experts here. Everything sounds legit on the dial but the case looks a little soft.

The seller is asking for too much in my opinion : 2200€ but that's before negotiation.

Reference is a 14381, should be a 551 movement, dial looks good, case isnt too bad given its gold capped. You can still see bevel on bezel. Clean example. Price is what someone is willing to pay for it.

I like it, nice fresh dial and the rose gold is more sought after than yellow, so a small premium for that IMO. Price is slightly top heavy due to the case condition, which although good, isn't perfect.

Nice clean honest example, very nice medallion too.

Probably would only fetch around $1500+ USD in a no reserve auction.

Dial is sweet on that one. I’m curious of the country in which this watch was originally sold, as I don’t think I’ve ever seen a hallmark like that on a gold-capped example.
gatorcpa

Dial is sweet on that one. I’m curious of the country in which this watch was originally sold, as I don’t think I’ve ever seen a hallmark like that on a gold-capped example.
gatorcpa

The hallmark is in French ('or' is French for 'gold').

The hallmark is in French ('or' is French for 'gold').
My understanding of French practice is that anything less than 18K gold cannot use “OR” as a hallmark. It’s why I asked the question.
gatorcpa

My understanding of French practice is that anything less than 18K gold cannot use “OR” as a hallmark. It’s why I asked the question.
gatorcpa

We start at 9 carats.

HUuHjAN.jpg

The watch case is clearly not solid gold, so I don’t understand why there is any sort of hallmark.
gatorcpa

The watch case is clearly not solid gold, so I don’t understand why there is any sort of hallmark.
gatorcpa

Maybe the bezel is 14K gold? On gold cap American Seamaster de Villes, the case bears the hallmark "SS case, 14K gold bezel". So maybe here too the case bears the indication for the gold bezel?

That’s a nice watch. I’m puzzled by the stamping, which appears to me to be on the steel case. It looks amateur; maybe a past owner just added it — wishful thinking?

Considerably aggressive asking price in my opinion.

Indeed never seen this indication on a Constellation. The 4 and the K of the 14K don’t seem aligned at all
Edited: