Forums Latest Members
  1. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Apr 26, 2019

Anybody here have experience of/thoughts on Bremont watches? I nearly bought a U2 a couple of years ago but opted for a Moonwatch instead... still can't get them out of my head though and every time I walk into my local jewellers I find myself drawn to the brand over all others... thinking about the Supermarine S300 in particular.

I've read up on the history and know that relatively speaking Bremont haven't been around for a long time, but... thoughts? Are they likely to hold value? Any concerns?? Thanks :)

2. Traveler Apr 26, 2019

You have opened the proverbial can of worms .... the brand is somewhat polarizing in the watch world. Not without its fans, but many WIS (watch idiot savants) will point to the fact the watches are ‘expensive’ and have a ‘history’ supported by marketing fluff. If you google ‘Bremont Controversy’ you will find a ton of articles detailing the root of the problem in many eyes ... definitely do this before plonking down hard cash. Or buy one on the used market for a huge discount .... good luck and happy reading ... ::popcorn::

DaveK, KingCrouchy, Flatfoot and 4 others like this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 26, 2019

Under $1000 watches all day long. If you want to pay for the owners to build the fake history and live the high life. good luck to you.

Als 27, KingCrouchy, Fritz and 3 others like this.
  4. FlyingSnoopy Apr 26, 2019

Well said.

madjestikmoose likes this.
  5. Traveler Apr 26, 2019

And nice necrothreadia on this one @STANDY ... OP should def read through that one too

madjestikmoose and STANDY like this.
  6. 77deluxe Apr 26, 2019

Fleamont.

KingCrouchy and madjestikmoose like this.
  7. michael22 Apr 26, 2019

The crowns stick out like dog's balls.

Thrasher36, Als 27, Mad Dog and 3 others like this.
  8. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Apr 26, 2019

Same could be said of many brands tbh!

9. corn18 Apr 26, 2019

I like mine, but they have meaning beyond just a watch. Plus they gave me 40% off. The top one is the MBIII with an F/A-18C on the dial. Love the latin. The bottom one is for US Navy Test Pilot School graduates. I would not have bought a Bremont without these connections.

If you look at the used ones for sale, you'll be lucky to get $1800 for one. That's ok for me. My kids can have these.

IMG_2620.JPG
    IMG_2391.JPG

DaveK, Onion0909, Mad Dog and 3 others like this.
  10. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Apr 26, 2019

Yeah from what I can gather the ones with military emblems are particularly valuable, but the general market ones aren't.

11. To the moon Apr 26, 2019

A good up and coming brand that has struggled with quality but I believe rectified now. The company seem to like there ltd edt's but then again I could think of a brand worse for that. I do believe like most brands you need to buy right for investment purposes if that is in the for front of your mind, like.. The Code breaker or 1918 SS,HMS Victory. I would love to know out of the negative comments so far how many of them originated from the USA? :whipped:

12. AveConscientia Apr 26, 2019

My main issue here is that you can buy just as good of a product if not better looking with a reliable movement with a Seiko Flightmaster for much much less. I do see the draw with the flight school bit.

13. Traveler Apr 26, 2019

If you are buying a Bremont for ‘investment’ purposes, then you may be interested in some plots of land on the moon I have for sale too...

May as well take a flame thrower to your pile of cash.

14. corn18 Apr 26, 2019

I agree. I love the MBIII for the Navy wings, the ejection handle on the sweep second hand, the F/A-18C and especially the latin which stands for single seat forever. This is my favorite watch.

The ALT1C is nice in that it has the USNTPS logo on it. But the dial is very busy. It's a chrono, GMT and diver in one and does none of them well. It's hard to read. But it is built like a tank and weighs a lot, so that scratches a nice itch for me.

Mad Dog likes this.
  15. To the moon Apr 26, 2019

Buying "right" is the key, right model at the right price. Not just buying the brand, as we know the majority of models drop 60% as soon as left the store, but there are a few which will hold there value and are very interesting pieces but be careful, may not suit all wrists as the case sits very high.

16. ConElPueblo Apr 26, 2019

I'd say that apart from the price issue, the other characteristics you mention are fairly subjective. Comparisons across brands and price levels are best avoided, IMO...

The "flight school bit" probably has to do with @corn18's profession (hint: look at his avatar...) ;)

17. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Apr 26, 2019

Yeah, that didn't go unnoticed!! I'd love a 'profession' watch, but then I'm a teacher... if they issued a watch for us it would be the cheapest, most unfashionable piece on the market, break after three weeks, we'd then have to pay for the repair out of our own pockets before they issued us with a brand-new yet equally useless one ten minutes later.

Edited Apr 26, 2019
  18. speedyproftw Apr 26, 2019

I've owned the U-2 but found it a bit too bulky for me. I like what Bremont is doing with their newer lines, though, so I'll keep them on the radar for the next couple of years.

19. Vitezi Apr 26, 2019

20. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 26, 2019

Run of the mill watches with completely ficticious history, might as well invest in Arizona beach property

Remember, the ones with the airplane sticker is worth more in the long run.