Forums Latest Members

Dry socks and marketing BS

1. S.H. Apr 1, 2019

I was browsing the Bremont website after noticing their April 1st release and noticed this background image. UK class system at work? I find this picture quite funny, with all those serious faces :

Seaplane-LR_f236884b7518950919b9efde4423d461.jpg
    https://www.bremont.com/pages/aviation-and-military
    "I'm the pilot, you are only the ground crew, and I'd like to keep my socks dry at all times" :D Very heroic.

I must admit, I have a hard time taking the brand seriously. Lots of not subtle hints at being being military/pilot oriented, with ties to MOD of whatever: https://www.bremont.com/pages/military-watches , but they just do custom dials for private/corporate/government organisations. Give me a CWC instead.

OK, rant over! :p

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 1, 2019

Any man who had the balls to fly in those planes, at the heights and speeds that they did deserved to be carried.
    And I'm sure the groundie (or "waterie" in this case) who carried him didn't feel it was beneath him.

Another reason. He may have been going ashore for a hot cuppa tea before another flight. Wet socks and boots at altitude are not a good mix for being at one with the plane.

But I agree with you on Bremont's "history".

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 1, 2019

And........if that pilot was John Boothman (looks like him), I would have carried him ashore if I'd been there, and not felt at all "lower class".

warrydog likes this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 1, 2019

THE NAME BREMONT
    In the late 1990s, Nick & Giles were flying across France in their 1930's biplane. The weather was closing in. A rough-running engine forced them to make an emergency landing. Keen to avoid the French authorities, the brothers were more than happy to accept the gracious help of the farmer whose field they had landed in. They stayed in his home, the aircraft took cover in the barn. It transpired their host had flown aircraft during the war, as well as being a gifted engineer. Half-restored wall clocks lay everywhere, together with numerous engine parts. The farmer still even wore his own father's wristwatch. The brothers promised that his warm hospitality would never be forgotten. His name? Antoine Bremont.

Hiding from the French authorities in 1998 with their biplane hidden in a barn. WTF do they think we are friggen morons

And you wonder why some WIS think these guys are total wankers

madjestikmoose and KingCrouchy like this.
  5. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Apr 1, 2019

3FF8E88F-0EBD-4141-B523-2B8824CF7295.jpeg

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 1, 2019

You need to tell the scheduling knobs at Delta HQ to only schedule you to hubs and points where they have DD.
    And put on your very stern "serious Dad" look and tell them "I won't fly into Starbucks only zone! I just won't!".

Let me know how it goes.

madjestikmoose, kkt and Mad Dog like this.