Forums Latest Members
  1. HankJS Nov 10, 2020

Trying to hold off this insanity, but may succumb. If I were making the purchase on line, how to approach either with a local Omega Boutique or an on line dealer? Would OB's give a store discount off list price. How do you find a bonified dealer on line? I joined the forum last week to find information on a watch I already own; 1968 Seamaster 300. The watch I'm currently thinking of is the "Railmaster". The Seamaster needs some work and intend to get that done, but that's another problem. I'm 76 and Covid isolated for safety...dammit.

Thanks, for reading
    HankJS

2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Nov 10, 2020

3. Marsimaxam Nov 10, 2020

Beautiful avatar, great patina on your Seamaster.

I would call the local or nearest Omega Boutique and explain your situation and your desire to buy a Railmaster. I can't tell you whether they will offer you a discount, but ask, and the worst they can say is no. I'm sure they will gladly ship the watch to your home.

Here is a link to all official Omega Stores in the US, they are just a phone call away assuming you live in the USA.
    https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/store/country/united-states

Or buy the one listed on the Forum, as suggested, if that is the one you want.

Lbennett likes this.
  4. slwoodster Nov 10, 2020

Hank,

Omega Boutiques are pretty great at handling wait lists but even during covid, I was only offered 5% discount. At an authorized dealer I'm getting 10-25%.

5. repoman Nov 10, 2020

Hello HankJS, welcome.

Omega Boutiques will offer small-ish discounts if you ask on most models (not on everything), 5% is typical, but it varies and its not really negotiable. Authorized dealers will offer bigger discounts, and grey market sellers (there are several of very good reputation here on Omega Forums that you can do business with confidence) offer larger discounts still. I like @eugeneandresson recommendation above as it looks like a crisp example at a good price. If buying from a private party online, do your due diligence of course, make sure the seller has good references. Good luck in your search.

eugeneandresson and Marsimaxam like this.
  6. rohada Nov 13, 2020

If you must have new then I'd go with an authorized dealer or a reputable gray market dealer as mentioned above. I buy all of my Omegas used, save a small fortune. Got my Railmaster Chronograph (2812.52), complete with boxes and documentation for under $2500. If used is OK, then just look around and be patient. I wish you well.