The thrill of the hunt

All the conditions were set for a good gamble : open auction from a non-profit organization, bad pictures with no way to get others, no movement shot, heavily scratched crystal…But the glimpse of a potential killer dial/handset and that distinctive barnfind smell!

IMG_9573.jpeg IMG_9583.jpeg
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/31505859740...yFKqpHnQ2y&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I ended up being the underbidder after leading until the last second and am quite sad about it! 😵‍💫
But still, so many unknowns…
The whole « only shipping to the us/authentification process » while I’m in France was also not helping

I just hope it’s a collector who got it and not some dealer who’ll flip it for twice the price…

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
I just hope it’s a collector who got it and not some dealer who’ll flip it for twice the price…

🍿

Prices are down actually . I would never "bet" on a watch in this price-range with only 3 photos shown.
greed eats brain -my2cents-

Well if it cleans up as well as I hope it would, it will be worth at least twice that much…
The doubt I had was the « black spot » next to the 5 o’clock index, damage or just a shadow?

and the goodwill supervisor who answered my question for more pictures said : «
It is our policy not to take extra photos or measure the items once they have been listed. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. »
Absurd…

Well if it cleans up as well as I hope it would, it will be worth at least twice that much…
a) no! ( it s the dat version - less sought)

and b) I don t think it s a stain...see above. BUT only 3 pics.... you can not judge.

....and the goodwill supervisor who answered my question for more pictures said : «
It is our policy not to take extra photos or measure the items once they have been listed. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. »
Absurd…
In other words, that sounds like too much work for what they pay us.

I asked for photos pretty early on and got these a few days ago. I sat it out as I really don't know much about these, but it sure does look nice...
s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg

I’d like to see that dial out from under that crystal. Someone either got a good deal, or they’re upside down.

I think this was totally worth the sale price and someone got a pretty good deal. With this being on ebay and the seller having a 30 day return policy, it was a relatively minor risk.

Yes: realistic price, bezel uncracked, unpolished, "overall matching patina"

Yes, it was clearly worth it!
I don’t understand why they wouldn’t send me the extra pictures, I would have bet higher with them in hand… :/

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t send me the extra pictures, I would have bet higher with them in hand… :/
It’s because they don’t care about the price at which it sells I suppose!

That certainly was a beauty. Whoever won the auction must be thrilled!

I would like to buy a watch: Prof. - Dealer 2024 in Italy; maybe he is deceased... or drunk

Hello, can I please see a picture of the movement and the case-back (inside)? Did you test the watch on a time-grapher? Thank you!

buddy-business.svg
Hello Will send you all this morning

05:41
Übersetzen
Thank you!

07:40
?

06:25
buddy-business.svg
Hello Sorry but our watchmaker is in holiday We can do it the 27/12-2023

08:50
Übersetzen
Heute today, 05.01.2024
?

How much did it end up for? Sorry for some technical reason, the link didn’t work when I went to check the final bid.
That lume look so good.

How much did it end up for? Sorry for some technical reason, the link didn’t work when I went to check the final bid.
That lume look so good.
See below for sales price: