Forums Latest Members

The next big wish - chronograph with GMT/second time zone

1. abrod520 Jun 28, 2019

TAG also makes a GMT version of their skeleton "Carrera" -

[​IMG]

If the look appeals to you, it could work. Personally I think it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, but it is reasonably priced at US $6k and change

2. tikkathree Jun 28, 2019

Ooh no! My eyes, my eyes! I'm not quoting the above post so as to avoid repeating that image.

As far s I can see it's still lodged in the ugly tree. Get it off my screen!

3. abrod520 Jun 28, 2019

Those of us who are still waiting patiently for TAG to rediscover the strength of Heuer's classic designs had to see it, now you do too. Consider it a form of watch nerd hazing :D

tikkathree likes this.
  4. tikkathree Jun 29, 2019

I'm not committing to the Heuer 02 enough to push the button: my man logic says that with Speedmasters in MkII, 4, 4.5 and Teutonic why do I "need" a retro-styled new watch?

Ah, but what about the second timezone requirement which none of the aforementioned Mk Speedmasters can provide? The Heuer only acheives it through the bezel.

I think I'm back into the Sinn catalogue where I can get a second timezone hand but not a 12 or 24 hour bezel insert. And do more research into the world of Flightmasters.

No rush.... I'll know when I'm in the right place looking at the right watch.