Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. wazzamatelot Nov 19, 2016

Hello to you all,

this is my second post on the site after asking some pretty bone questions on my first post!

39 year old ex Royal Navy communications rating now working for one go the major players in the fire & security industry.

Always liked watches and always aspired to own an Omega which I can attribute to being a bit of a Bond fan. Fast forward to last month when I got married and my beautiful bride presented my with a SMPOc as a wedding gift, she had obviously been paying attention to all my comments over the years!
    image1.JPG image2.JPG watch.jpg
    Have to admit finding this forum had caught my attention and can feel the barbs of the hook digging into my skin. So much so I have already decided to start searching for a birth year speedy (1977) to invest in - hoping to glean all the info I need and all the pitfalls to avoid in my search for this.......

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Wazza

BrianMcKay and Jwit like this.
  2. zxrmatt Nov 20, 2016

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and thanks to tyrantlizardrex for my soon to be new watch.

I've been lurking on the forums for some time reading up on vintage chronostops since a Geneva driver caught my eye a while ago.

Although I'm still on the looked out for the chronostop Geneva driver I was lucky to stubble upon Chris's advert for his seamaster jumbo chronostop and as from
    next week will be it's new owner.

Forum has been very useful so far and look forward to continuing to read and participate.

STANDY likes this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 20, 2016

Yes this forum will be very helpful with anything you need, up to, and including, the time your funds run out :thumbsup:

4. zxrmatt Nov 20, 2016

Yes I can see funds running dry very soon. I had budget for a driver which has now been spent on the seamaster, so will now start saving again for the driver. Thinking about squirrelling away a bit each month and trying to invest in a few nice vintage omegas but I can already see this getting out of control as so many nice variations available !

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 20, 2016

You started with a fine looking watch.

Welcome to the fun....

6. zxrmatt Nov 20, 2016

Thanks - looking forward to it arriving

7. fnfz4 Nov 20, 2016

Alfred... Watch Dealer. Mostly Brand New I supply to stores but I have some used too. Located in DC Metro Area.

8. semper_shells Nov 22, 2016

I guess I'm the idiot that post full bore in the different threads before I formally introduce myself. So since I've already done that I will apologize and then go ahead and introduce myself. I new here and pretty new to the watch world. This is the first watch forum I've actively participated in and am very excited. Also, if I do things that are against the rules here it's not because I'm trying to be sneaky or rude, I'm just excited about watches and have very little experience. I kept finding watches I liked and they mostly turned out to be Omega's, the brand has done so many different things which really attracted me to it.

Jwit and Mad Dog like this.
  9. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Nov 22, 2016

A hearty welcome, @semper_shells!

This is a F A B U L O U S forum...you'll like it.

:thumbsup:

Jwit and semper_shells like this.
  10. nadjr Nov 24, 2016

IMG_0293.JPG IMG_0246.JPG IMG_0248.JPG Hello everyone my name is Nick, Iv'e only been a member for two months but have been trolling the site for over a year. I bought my first Omega pre owned a month ago and this site tipped the scales for me to make the purchase, Thank you. It's a 09 Seamster Professional Chronometer black dial and bezel. Absolutely love the watch and I can't believe how it feels like a tank definitely my everyday wear watch, although it's going to be hard to give up the G shock. Thank you for all the great info and here are a couple of pics. IMG_0293.JPG

BrianMcKay and Jwit like this.
  11. christo222222 Nov 30, 2016

Hello everyone my name is Chris and I'm a Australian living in New York City.

I love mechanical watches and have a decent collection of German divers, Sinn, H2O, Kazimon, Kobold etc I'm also a hobbyist builder and love modding Seikos and building watches from scratch.

I'm here because I am finally ready to purchase a watch I have been longing for, a speedmaster but i have no idea about the value of different models and what makes some more valuable than others, so I thought this would be a good place to get some knowledge, anyone point me to a buyers guide either on here or the web in general

Thanks
    Christo

Kreindog24 and noelekal like this.
  12. Amadeus Nov 30, 2016

I guess I'm another one of those that started posting in the forum before even introducing myself :p.
    Anyhow, I'm Gus from the land of beef and tango, also known as Argentina, you could say that watches are in my blood since my great-grandfather, grandfather and father were/are (my father still is) Jewelers/Watchmakers. As you can imagine I grew up in an environment where watches were a big part of the daily life, as such I developed an enthusiasm for them, especially for all wristwatches from the 30's to the 70's (but mainly Rolex and Omega).
    I'm fairly new to the forum, but I already can tell that I made the right choice to join such wonderful community of like-minded people as is the OF.

Jwit, noelekal and aap like this.
  13. psk31 Dec 4, 2016

No worries. While Speedy's are nice I'm a bit of a diver-head so we'll fixate on those for awhile :taunt:

14. rmcd Dec 9, 2016

Hi. Richard here. I live in Toronto, Canada and am in the computer business. I've admired vintage watches all my life. Like a few others, I've probably let James Bond focus my interest in Omega watches. Especially vintage ones. Because I like to actually hold something before buying, I was nervous about eBay (and other mail order setups). And then I recently tripped across a vintage watch shop in Zurich where I could hold it, see it in detail, and ask questions !! Two watches came home with me --- and the odyssey begins.

Jwit likes this.
  15. akshayluc420 Dec 10, 2016

Salve Everybody. I've been lurking, and learning for a long time (a big thank you to everyone).

I'm Akshay, though everyone calls me Luc. I'm a Learning & Development man. I first fell in love with my grandfather's Military Omega (he retired a Brigadier), and then received my first when I graduated Uni. I'm not a collector so much as a person who appreciates good things. Looking forward to being a positive addition to this fine community.

Cheers!

16. agooderh Dec 13, 2016

Alex here from Toronto Canada. Just joined the Omega club after picking up an AT. I was always interested in Omega but got sidetracked with Rolex over the past couple years, but now I'm officially in the Omega family so I figured I should join this forum. Thanks to all the mods for running such a great site and to Al Archer for all his excellent answers to technical Qs.

17. Isomer Dec 13, 2016

My name is Jakob, I am from Danmark and very excited to join this excellent forum.
    Bought my first Omega Seamaster 22.54.00 ten years ago, and my first vintage omega a couple of years ago.

Trying to earn the title as a knowledgeable collector of vintage Omega watches from the 60's. But for now just consider myself very interested and have no specific collection focus besides looks and mechanical driveline.

Also owns a few contemporary seamaster and speedmaster watches but these dont get much wristtime.

Will try to contribute my best to this forum, at least by providing some pictures of some of my old omega's.

IMG_0864.JPG IMG_1445.JPG

GregH and Jwit like this.
  18. danicycle Dec 15, 2016

Hello

I'm Daniel. My first Omega purchase was a Constellation for my mom 7 years ago.

I never bought myself one, but a month ago, my fiancee and I were in Switzerland and she wanted matching watches for our upcoming wedding. We looked at Rolex (she's partial to them), but we walked into the Omega store in Bern and fell in love with their range. They had every available watch, including very limited watches, for us to try one.

I was torn between the Planet Ocean and Aqua Terra but ultimately chose the latter due to the practicality of weight, price etc.. I got the Aqua Terra Golf Edition with the Green second handle.. but something tells me I will be buying more (soon).

Thanks for having me!

19. corn18 Dec 15, 2016

Pictures! We want pictures! Did she get an AT as well?

20. danicycle Dec 20, 2016

Yes! She got the Black Pearl version with diamonds on the hour hand..

I will post a picture of both our watches soon!