Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. Vintage Luxury Apr 26, 2015

Hello to everyone, i'm very happy to introduce myself and my company; The Luxury Vintage.
    I'm Luca Del Grande, administrator of DGB s.n.c. owner of The Luxury Vintage in Forte dei Marmi, Italy.
    I run it with my Friend and Business Patner Nicola Boselli.

In these years, we made ourself a reputation, which we care a lot about. We often specify that we are enthusiasts in first place and just after that,traders. Our aim is to make deals with true enthusiasts, or who wants to get closer to this amazing world. It would be a pleasure for us to give you all the informations that you will need to carry out your purchase in a complete ease.

Our website is www.thevintageluxury.com, the older one was www.mondo-oro.com

This is our new profile of eBay http://www.ebay.it/usr/luxury.vintage.timepiece
    The old one: http://www.ebay.it/usr/mondo-oro

We are also avaible on chrono24 - this is the page - http://www.ebay.it/usr/mondo-oro
    as you can see we also offer the trusted checkout sistem.

And this is our posts on Orologi & Passioni (the biggest italian forum for watches)http://orologi.forumfree.it/?t=63481751

Best,

Luca

2. Fincon1 Apr 28, 2015

I'm new here too! I have had an old quartz Omega for a few years now. I bought it used and reconditioned from a nearby jewellers shop that was closing down.

[​IMG]
    It had a non-original strap, which I've replaced, and I've given it to my son as an early gift for when he goes to university in September.

I've just bought myself a Speedmaster Triple Date. I really love the style of this watch. As you can tell, I like to have the day and date on display, and the Speedy even reminds me of the month too. I braved eBay to buy it, and it came with the original box and a card from Omega confirming a full service and guarantee until August this year.

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure it won't be the last Omega I buy, but for now, I am very happy with it.

3. Travis Apr 28, 2015

I'm Travis, new to the forum and live in Washington State. I am specifically interested in Speedmaster 321 pre- moon watches with the hippocampus on the caseback. I do not own one yet and do not have a nice watch but have always wanted a mechanically wound watch. I am here to learn and want to do my due diligence before buying one. My dream Speedy would be unpolished, not redialed, with original hands, bezel, movement, etc. I am going to look through the threads on this forum and learn what I can and I'll show up every now and then with some questions. Suggestions and advice are all welcome.

4. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 28, 2015

Can't understand why you would want one of those old clunkers:p Welcome and good luck with your search.

STANDY likes this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 28, 2015

Welcome Travis. Great dream, same one had by all of us here ;) ( @Barking mad above has it it come true more than most here but)

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 28, 2015

I suppose I ought to introduce myself, since I've been a member for a bit. I've always liked watches but it wasn't until last year that my OCD kicked in and I quickly amassed a collection of 30 new watches, consisting mostly of Citizens, Seikos and Orients with a few Swiss, Russian and Chinese watches thrown in for good measure.
    This past Thanksgiving my collection did a 180 with the discovery of the Seiko Seahorse that my dad sent me Christmas of 1967, when he was in Viet Nam. Something about that watch made me realize that vintage is what I wanted to collect so I sold all my new watches and started looking for birth year watches.
    My first was an Eterna Kontiki, followed quickly by a 1958 Seamaster. After picking up a variety of watches from the 50s, 60s and 70s, I picked up a Constellation C case, from a forum member, and I am now hooked; so much so that I just bought a Dynamic. Now I need to sell off most of my collection so I can afford the Flightmaster and 145.022 that I have been jonesing for. I know what I want but am not yet confident with being able to recognize the minutia that is the difference between getting a prize and getting hosed. If I ask about a particular watch, it's because I'm interested in it and don't want to get burned. I'm just glad that I became addicted to watches and not crack.

Edited Apr 28, 2015
  7. vinceasks May 2, 2015

I guess I should introduce myself as well. Been lurking the boards for a good 2 years, doing a much research as possible before I decided to take the plunge and got a 3570.50 earlier last month from USMC93 in the sellers forum. I'm slowly regretting the purchase, because I now realize how amazing watches can be, and how I would love to amass a larger collection than my original goal (1 sports watch, 1 dress watch, and 1 everyday watch).

Either way, I'm looking forward to sharing my watch journey with you all.

dsio likes this.
  8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 2, 2015

1 sports watch doesn't really cover it as you need a sports chronograph and a diver. Then you need both a steel dress watch and a gold dress watch (ideally one yellow gold and one rose gold). The plus side is you don't need an everyday watch because you've already got a speedy, you won't be able to ruin it, NASA already tried :)

Welcome to Omega Forums!

oasis3270 likes this.
  9. Andventuree May 5, 2015

Hi all, my name is Andrew and I'm relatively new to watch world. I've always had a fascination by watches which led me to spurge of several orients in the past two years. But after learning a bit more about mechanical watches, I'm looking forward into investing in some quality timepieces. Of course, to start off my collection, I'm looking to purchase either the 3570.50 or the 3573.50 speedmaster with some nice vintage patina. Its a selfish reward to keep me motivated to finishing my CPA. I look forward to sharing my journey as well.

My current collection so far:

IMG_20140212_234439.jpg IMG_20140510_173004.jpg IMG_20150311_171152.jpg
  10. Moppel May 7, 2015

Hello everyone.

I’v been a lurker for quite a while and thought it’s about time to introduce myself.

I’m in my mid forties, born and raised in Germany and been working as a design engineer for a good twenty years.

I’ve alway been into watches but was always able to keep it on a reasonable budget. So I’d say I was more of a quarz guy and never realized that there were watches around that didn’t need a battery. When I saw people winding up their watches I thought it was more like a bad habit rather that something you have to do to keep your watch alive.

Well, until I met my girlfriend in 2003.... she was wearing an Omega Seamaster.

[​IMG]

So love and watch virus caught me at the same time.... the rest is history.

I am just glad to have found this forum and I am looking forward to spend some good time here.

Regards

Thomas

11. Steely May 11, 2015

I just wanted to say hello as well, have recently begun to lust over Mark II Speedmasters, so I thought this might be the best place for me to get some help with my problem :)

12. wariaktiv May 11, 2015

Hello, my name is Robbie and I discovered this forum because I'm trying to get some info on my great-grandfather's watch.

Been into watches for just about a decade now, but new to Omega in general; (always found their modern watches to be a bit too thick) but always been a fan of the Speedmaster and the Aqua Terra.

Current collection is made up of a 1981 Rolex GMT 16750, Dunhill A-Centric Pentagraph, Longines 1942 Re-Issue Chonograph, Bell&Ross Vintage 123, Seiko SARX13 JDM Presage, Tissot Heritage Navigator, Cartier Tank Solo, and a yet to be fully identified great-grandad vintage Seamaster. :) (along with a Rolex Airking and a Hamilton Daydate that has been mine, but is now "appropriated" by my wife, who likes watches too, but tolerates my fascination with them.)

Looking to find an '81 Speedmaster Pro (birthyear) and/or a discontinued white dial / blue markers Aqua Terra.

Glad to have found this forum. :) Looking forward to learning way more than I should. ;)

13. BadAndy May 17, 2015

Hello,

I am new on here. I have been reading and "lurking" on here for a few months, but finally decided to join. Currently am Omegaless, but hope that will change soon. I am an original owner of two Breitlings, that I have acquired, but always looking to add more to my collection. I live in the Southern California area.

14. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 18, 2015

Welcome @BadAndy. Hang around here and you won't be Omega-free for too long. Now, let's see those Brietlings!

15. BadAndy May 18, 2015

I will take some better pictures, but here is my Colt. Don't think I have any of the Evolution.

[​IMG][/URL]

This picture was taken a few weeks ago.

16. CwS90 May 22, 2015

Alright everyone,

I'm Chris, 24 from Newcastle in England! I've been filtering through this forum for a month or so now since my fiance bought me a vintage Omega Seamaster (1966 cal.552 gold cap) as a wedding present, im now hooked on vintage Omegas and cannot stop reading about them. Learnt so much already from this forum and I'm looking forward to listening and learning and hopefully adding to my very new collection!

17. Puma Cat May 22, 2015

Hello All,

My name is Stephen (aka Puma Cat) and I'm new to luxury watches. Personally, never been a Rolex guy, but lately have been reading aboout Omegas, and in particular, the iconic Speedmaster Pro. Presently researching what should be my first Speedy, and look forwarding to learning and listening from all of you. My current watches are two Citizen Skyhawk A-T in titanium, including the Blue Angels version. I also do photography, including product photography, so enjoy photographing my die cast model cars and watches.

Looking forward to learning a lot from everyone here.

Edited May 23, 2015
  18. eharriett May 23, 2015

I'm back!!

I first joined and posted in 2012, saying I was looking for my dream watch (Speedy Gemini 4) then life happened and had to suspend my search. Well, I'm back. And this time I will not rest until I find it (and a pre-moon now, my aspirations have gotten bigger). I'm learning and researching and trying to determine how to spot the real thing and hear a bit of history.

Oh, and I posted a pic of my current watch. Only one I own, not Omega, yet. But soon ... very soon......

19. LastMan May 23, 2015

New to the forum.. been a fan of Omega for a while... everyone else seemed to want Rolexes but they just seemed gaudy and too many people wearing them had the attitude of "look at me, I'm rich!" Anyway I've ended up over the years owning different Omegas. I've been travelling and living abroad the past 4 years so I haven't had the chance to rotate watches as much as I used to, and looks like I'm travelling again in a few weeks :)
    Anyway here are some photos.
    IMG_0331.JPG IMG_0343.JPG IMG_0310.JPG IMG_0287.JPG IMG_0271.JPG

Paedipod likes this.
  20. oasis3270 May 24, 2015

New to the forum and quality watches. As a teenager, I was into Fossil and Kenneth Cole watches. I wore them until I owned cell phones which pretty much kept time for me. As I entered the professional world, I started to realize that a proper watch really made a difference; in my mind, between a man and a gentleman. I became more aware of quality food, drink and clothing...and found that I enjoyed myself much more around the "better" things in life. Not so much that I want to impress other people, but because I think they taste, look, and feel better to me.
    Not having a watch on made me feel naked. I have a couple of buddies with Hamilton watches, so when I walked into a watch store; here in Chicago, I was looking at taking a step up from the watches in my past. I couldn't see myself having to replace batteries ever again on a watch I owned. The store had new watches such as Tags and Bell & Ross. I gravitated towards the Bell & Ross Heritage 126, and thought I should do some research regarding the brand and particular watch prior to buying. After reading about the brand and the watch I felt like it didn't warrant the price for me, and what I really wanted was a chronograph with a vintage look.

I went into an Omega boutique here in the area and talked to a young man working there that really impressed me with the look and history of the Speedmaster. The formal appearance of the store made me feel a little uncomfortable, but I was quickly put at ease talking to the sales person. They didn't seem snobby, but more of just a watch geek. Unfortunately, I found a new one to be out of my price range and sought out the internet to find a pre-owned watch. E-bay had me feeling pretty confused and worried that I would end up with a fake. Luckily the Kringkily reviews from buyers via a google search brought me to the Omega Forum and I lurked the "Watch For Sale" thread daily. When I saw a watch for sale by KRLYUZH that checked all of my boxes I knew that I had to pull the trigger on the watch. Everything from communication, to payment, to delivery worked out perfectly. No buyers remorse here! I'll be looking to replace the strap with a leather one and will make sure I share pics.

I'm happy to be a member of the Speedy community!

speedy.jpg omega.jpg omegawbox.jpg