Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. Hijak Dec 29, 2014

Very nice and again feel free to vet any watch you find as the members of OF can help authenticate your find!

2. Hey_Joe Dec 31, 2014

Hello fellow watch nuts/enthusiasts/collectors! My name is Chris and I live near Edmonton in Alberta, Canada. I'm relatively new to the hobby and currently only own one Omega, a 45.5mm LMPO Ti. I know you need more than just one in a collection so today I'm traveling to the local AD and I expect to add another. Since I was such a good boy this past year I'm thinking a new Speedmaster 9300 of some sort or a new sapphire 1863 Moonwatch will do the trick. I'll let you guys know what I come home with!

Happy New Year and all the best in 2015.

Chris.

watchme likes this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 31, 2014

Welcome Chris, let us know how the AD visit goes. :thumbsup:

4. Hey_Joe Dec 31, 2014

The visit went really well! I think I'm going to make this an annual event, a new watch every Dec 31! Next one, a Rolex Explorer II!

My new Speedmaster 1863 Sapphire:

[​IMG]

hansmaulwurf and STANDY like this.
  5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 31, 2014

Congratulations, looks like a beauty.

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 31, 2014

I hope you had somebody to help you carry it home ;)

Welcome to the forum, next NYE won't come quick enough for you I bet.

PS: is there a bigger watch box than this one?

7. Hey_Joe Jan 1, 2015

Yes, the box is surprisingly heavy! I'm really impressed by the quality, presentation, and contents of the box. A really nice upgrade compared to the standard white and red boxes.

8. Maganator Jan 6, 2015

Hello everyone!

The name is Magnus, from Edinburgh, Scotland. Been in the game for a couple of years now but mainly collecting Christopher Wards - which were my first watch brand love. I am also a cufflink enthusiast which often depletes my watch funds :(

I've got a couple of vintage pieces - my late great great Grandfather's Certina (that had to be completely overhauled with a new dial when it came my way and a vintage Omega. I got the Omega as one of my first purchases on eBay but I am fairly certain it is a redial. In any event, it is too small for my wrists so it will make its way to SWMBO once I get it serviced. I think it was over-wound (oops).

I recently came into a Corum Admirals Cup which I am very pleased with. Much bigger that I am used to but it is a lovely piece though I appreciate it will not be for everyone.

Anyway, I joined up here to get a bit of watch variety and to get a bit more information about what will hopefully be my next purchase.

I am getting married this year and was hoping to get my hands on a birth year (1982) Speedmaster for the event. It will likely cost 1/3 of what her dress will cost but i'll get a bit more use out of it :).

So, that's me - hope to get better acquainted with you all.

Cheers

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 6, 2015

Sounds like you're off to a good start Magnus. Goodness knows we can always use another Scotsman around here. :rolleyes:
    I think you'll be an Omega/Zenith man in no time.
    Once you and the new missus get settled in you'll need to get yourself a proper beagle.

10. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 6, 2015

A "Jambo" man, we won't hold that against you ;)
    Welcome Magnus, enjoy the forum, information, fun and some occasional nonsense awaits you.

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 6, 2015

I don't know Stuart, 'e seem like a typical young Scot to me , These Jambos seem OK, :thumbsup:

Jambo.jpg

12. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 6, 2015

That lassie will catch her death without a simmit, having said that she must be the only attraction at Tynecastle ;)

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 6, 2015

Aye ;)

14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 6, 2015

Aye, but a better attraction then ya git with a Ranger fan
    Ranger.jpg

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 6, 2015

^ Why is that picture taking disk space on my server... bring back Miss Tynecastle

16. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 6, 2015

No way can you expect a like :eek:

17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 6, 2015

:D

18. Geo! Jan 6, 2015

Good evening folks, I'm from Scotland and have been seriously interested in watches and watch repairing for about three years.

I have a fair size collection of both mechanical and quartz watches, my particular favourites being vintage mechanical Omegas.

I came across this site while researching information for a Constellation 561 that I am in the process of servicing for a friend.

Having had a good look around this forum, I like what I see and I'm sure to get involved.

19. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 6, 2015

Your in the right place Geo, on occassion we even talk about watches. :thumbsup:

20. Geo! Jan 6, 2015

Excellent, I like a good blether now and again. :)