Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Jan 3, 2014

I used to have Schluter Helistar. Whenever any big copters showed up at the field, all the fixed wing guys would find a big stick.... just in case.

I never did learn to fly it properly.

Asfalloth likes this.
  2. GlenM Jan 4, 2014

A belated hello from me... I have posted a couple of times in the vintage forum, but only just noticed this introduction thread.

I'm a newbie to the world of Omega, but am learning as fast as I can! My interest is in finding a vintage (1940 to 1960 'ish) Omega. My preference is black dial, sub second, ss case. But, I'm sure I'll end up comprimising somewhere along the line :)

I'm UK based, and currently own a Baume & Mercier 18K Classima, a Hermes Arceau, and a Paul Buhre. But, my opinion is you can never have too many watches, so this is just the start!

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 4, 2014

Welcome Glen.....:)

You come to the right place......:thumbsup:

That's a healthy attitude around here :D

4. N05J3W3 Jan 4, 2014

Hi. I'm David. Located on the east coast of Canada. Started off as a fountain pen collector. Several years ago a trade with the late Mike Fultz brought an early 60s Seamaster to me, and I was hooked. It was the bas-relief hippocampus case back that did it. It was, and is, in remarkable shape.

It's slippery slope from there. I've had a few others, including a 90s Dynamic that I still regret selling. Other priorities [not the least of which are our five children] and a scarce local supply of quality vintage watches keep me cautious, but I'm currently watching Polerouters, and thinking/planning.

Most recently found a cal. 625 ladies model as a surprise for my wide, which will see a restoration ASAP.

I find the Speedmaster a little too large, so my current 'grail' would be the 30T2 RG Chronometer, I suppose.

I'd be interested to hear from others here in the Maritimes.

5. ulackfocus Jan 4, 2014

Welcome David!

:eek: Freudian slip of huge proportions! Don't let her read that! :D

6. N05J3W3 Jan 4, 2014

Ugh. Yeah. That's be my lovely *wife*. I blame autocorrect. <g>

D.

watchme likes this.
  7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 4, 2014

8. Chopperone Jan 9, 2014

Hi Everyone
    Newbie here to this site.Will post more info about myself once I find my way around.Have got a Speedy , a Seamaster & a Submariner.
    Never sure which one I want to wear most
    Guy

9. antpower Jan 9, 2014

Hi Guys,

New to to the site and Omega's (had a bit of a thing for Speedmaster's for awhile now, one day I hope). Live in East Coast Australia, picked up a nice a Seamaster GMT 50th anniversary (as soon as I wanted a GMT watch, had to be this one after seeing it) from Kringkily face to face while on vacation in NYC over Xmas 2013.

Have a few watches in the collection, Tag Heuer 4000 and F1, Longines dress watch, original Citizen Aqualand, Seiko (Speedmaster ), a couple of G Shock's and a few "others".

Cheers,
    Anthony.

10. ulackfocus Jan 9, 2014

Hi Anthony, hi Guy.

We ::love:: pictures of watches.

11. antpower Jan 9, 2014

Here you go.

image.jpg
    Mothra, Hijak and SpikiSpikester like this.
  12. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 9, 2014

Welcome. Where on the east coast? Ee have a few aussies here, msinly in SE QLD.

13. antpower Jan 9, 2014

Sydney.

14. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 10, 2014

I think JimInOz is in Sydney

antpower likes this.
  15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 10, 2014

I think he is about Adelaide.

16. persco Jan 10, 2014

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a few weeks and just noticed this thread, so decided to introduce myself. I have long been a member at WUS (same username). I found this after I decided to buy a SM300 (Watchco) that will arrive hopefully sometime in March. Marcus is waiting on parts. I own a few watches, most recently bought this...

[​IMG]

My collection so far includes a Stowa MO, Stowa Seatime, Meistersinger Scrypto, Tsunami and MSAR. I am hoping to also pick up a Speedy Pro this summer. The Tsunami and MSAR will be leaving to make room for the two Omegas, I think. I look forward to learning more around here.

Mothra likes this.
  17. Gatorski0827 Jan 15, 2014

Hello from Knoxville TN! Just joined this forum, have been on TZ, Watchuseek and others for many years. I am an engineer by degree, but do training and consulting as a business. Collecting is something I get from my father, it is in my genes I guess, and watches and coins are included in that obsession.

Have owned a Speedmaster Moonwatch Reduced and a PO 45 in the past, but just got back into the Omega world with a beautiful 3570. I have a collection of watches (all of which get worn) that.... well let's just say contains more than 10 in the stable....

Some include Breitling Bentley, Panerai 112, Speedmaster, Tissot T-Lord, Fortis B-42 Chrono, H20 Kalmar, 2 NFW's, 2 TW Steel's, and then many more unnamed :)

Look forward to learning through the forum and participating.

persco, cicindela and dsio like this.
  18. andrew12 Jan 15, 2014

Hello everyone, nice to be here. thanks....

persco likes this.
  19. MyVintageOmega Jan 15, 2014

Welcome newcomers...........:thumbsup:

persco likes this.
  20. Nova1978 Jan 17, 2014

I guess I should have posted here first lol...hello, I live in Northern Virginia. Joined this forum because I found out about vintage Omega thru a co-worker of mine that collect vintage Constellation. Bought my first vintage Omega starter watch, a Geneve. But I will plan to reward myself with either a Constellation or Terra Aqua when I passed my PE test.

Previously I have a Casio Edifice and a Casio Baby G-Cool.