Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. SynMike Sep 20, 2011

I'm Mike. I am a musician first, watch collector second. Omega is my favorite brand but my collection is focused on variety. I like to have a little bit of every style, every movement type, many brands, modern and vintage, all colors, etc. Here are my 2 favorite watches and then the rest of my collection:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ulackfocus Sep 20, 2011

Hi Mike. Nice to see you here.

3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Sep 20, 2011

Hey Mike. Welcome to the forums. Looks like you'll fit in here just fine :thumbsup:

I'm originally from Winterpeg, and have no intention of ever returning.

4. Steve Sep 21, 2011

Hi Mike, WOW what a fantastic collection, i'd love to see a pic of each watch over time. If collecting watches is your second love, I dread to see what your guitar collection looks like !!.:D

5. cvhdvm Oct 18, 2011

Hi guys, I'm Charley. I've always loved watches, the "best" one I've owned until recently was a Bulova Marine Star 98C62. For the last 10 years I've been coveting the TAG Carrera Calibre 16 Auto Chrono 42 mm - it's one of the most striking timepieces I've seen, but with my job I can't wear a dress watch or anything too flashy, so while on a cruise earlier this month, I was seriously considering the TAG Aquaracer Calibre 16 Automatic Chrono 41 mm. We went to a jeweler on St. Maarten, but they were sold out of the Aquaracer. The employee suggested I take a look at the Omegas, and I was blown away by the Seamasters. I'd never really considered an Omega, but after trying it on an wearing it around the store, my wife surprised me with a Seamaster 300M Chrono Diver 213.30.42.40.01.001. I don't dive, but I love to chase trout, and ruggedness and water resistance are important to me - but so is looking good! I didn't know a lot about the brand or the mechanics of watches until recently, and I'm excited to find a place like this to ask my questions and find reliable answers. Thanks in advance!

vadimo and Dogmann like this.
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 18, 2011

I've actually got the blue version, which I wrote a review on here: http://omegaforums.net/threads/seamaster-professional-chronograph-review.117/

Welcome mate, good wife btw, definitely keep that one.

7. Baden Harrison Oct 30, 2011

Hi my names Baden I've been a watchaholic for over 15 years and I'm so glad I can come clean and get it off my chest!

I am a Barber by trade and own 2 shops in Nottingham I'm mad on Karate too.

I'm lucky to have got through just about every make known to man and now I'm in the lucky possition to know what I like.

My tastes are simple and well laid out tool watches with clean legable dials, I have a fair few military watches in my collection mave favorite being a www cyma (nice size).
    I have a few vintage seamasters that i have had for a while and just started to love there simplicity and lay out.

I have a birthyear omega seamaster 120 from 1968 that is so light to wear it has become my daily wearer.
    I have a seamaster cosmic 2000 that I am just fitting with a nos bracelet and a seamaster Chronostop 145.007 that i'm desperate to get on bracelet if anyone can help.

I was lucky enough to own a seamaster 1000m but alas sold it a few years ago to raise some cash to by my first shop.

Had a few moon watches but I would love to get a 321 with step dial mmmmmmmmmm.

I've been a member of tz-uk for many years and dont get out of there much so finding a new forum is like going on Holiday lol

Thanks for having me.

Dogmann likes this.
  8. Steve Oct 30, 2011

Hi Baden, glad to meet a fellow Midlander !.

Let me be the first to welcome you to this forum, i'm sure you'll find it very informative.

Sounds like you've got yourself a nice collection going on there, you'll have to post some pics !..:).

9. ulackfocus Oct 30, 2011

HI Baden, welcome to the forum. I'll second the motion for pictures.

10. megagem Nov 18, 2011

Great forum Trev et al. Glad I found it!

11. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Nov 20, 2011

Good to see so many Midlanders here, you'll have to come and pay me a visit at the shop some time!

Again, welcome all, look forward to reading your posts :thumbsup:

12. Michael Hope Nov 27, 2011

Hello, my name is Michael I work with my father in law in his business (we run a fleet of school buses) Up until recently I had a Rolex GMT master 2 ceramic. now im waiting for a Omega Seamaster Chrono for Christmas from the wife.

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 27, 2011

Nice! Definitely a wife worth keeping.

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 15, 2012

Just out of interest, how many Australians to we have atm?

15. Trev The Architect Staff Member Feb 15, 2012

<puts up hand>

Well, permanent resident... close enough.

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 15, 2012

I believe we have about 4 main herds, the NY/NJ crew, a bunch in Canada, a bunch of Midlanders and some Australians, would be great to have enough guys for a decent dinner at Shuck on Tedder or something, I could show you how those bottomless rum and coke glasses work.

17. SynMike Feb 15, 2012

I'm Australian but I live in Canada.

18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 15, 2012

You went the wrong way! Where abouts from?

19. GoDuke1 Feb 15, 2012

I just found this forum yesterday, so I figured it was time to make an introduction since I have made a few posts already. My name is Chris and I'm from North Carolina. I am new to collecting but a lifelong watch lover. I started my WIS adventure back in the 90's with my longing for a Seiko watch, which I obtained on a high school budget. That has progressed to a few more Seiko's, Rolex's and Orients along the way. My favorite brands at the moment are Rolex, Omega, Seiko and a few others. I'm on several other watch forums under the same screen name GoDuke1...of course I love Duke Basketball... being from NC, that is a dirty word around here as most people are UNC fans in these parts LOL.. looking forward to the conversations and knowledge to gain and what little info I can pass along the way.

20. loyal blue Feb 15, 2012

Hi folks , thought it was a good time to "jump ship" and found you guys and quite a few names i recognise .
    I had a wee change of name but i'm sure some of you will know me by my watches and poor photography

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dogmann likes this.