Forums Latest Members

The Great Big Introductions Thread

1. apocalypsebella Oct 18, 2018

Welcome my african Brother! I was just in Harare 2 days ago watching the game between congo and Zimbabwe

juliekdc and superfly like this.
  2. Fortyniner Oct 27, 2018

Love the introduction, I'd be happy with a houseboat but isn't a be gal cat a tiger haha. I'm still finding my way around the site as a newbie. I've recently acquired an omega f300 hz with an 14k gf bracelet which I need a link or two for, could you advise on where on the forum I should be raising this with members to get the best possible outcome. Thank you.

superfly likes this.
  3. got to many Nov 5, 2018

Hi my name is Paul
    My dad was a watch repairer for 50 years needless to say I have inherited the addiction of collecting to his collection which he has built up over that time.Omegas are my love I have Rolex and lemania and many many others but I keep getting drawn to adding omegas to my collection.love the site glad I'm here :)

superfly likes this.
  4. exs75 Nov 6, 2018

Hello,
    I am Guillaume, a management and economics student in Paris. I grew up lurking at my grand parents matching Omega Constellation and a solid gold Omega Automatic. I owe a Seamaster 600, a Longines and a vintage chronograph.
    Speedmasters are growing on me and i thought this would be the perfect place to learn more about them.

Cheers,

superfly likes this.
  5. WatchShopping Nov 6, 2018

Edited Feb 5, 2019
    superfly likes this.
  6. Deany1 Nov 6, 2018

Hi - I’m simon and have been browsing the omega forum page for a few weeks. I had a seamaster and a vintage geneve 5-6 yrs ago but sold both of these on to help fund my other love which is vintage surfboards. With my board collection now where i want it to be i find myself being drawn back into the world of vintage watches. I find people’s knowledge and expertise on this forum exceptional and look forward to hopefully being welcomed and with time when my knowledge has improved becoming part of it - many thanks

superfly likes this.
  7. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 6, 2018

Pics of the surf boards @Deany1 !

8. Deany1 Nov 7, 2018

Will get some up later oddboy - didn’t think you boys would like to see them but will gladly share - collecting fantastic vintage items boards / watches requires the same amount of passion /dedication !!!

9. Lyn T Nov 7, 2018

Hi!
    My name is Lynette, and I'm here for advice as to what I should do with my mother's vintage (late 1950s) Omega watch. It's actually a man's watch--the Omega 14K solid gold classic manual wrist watch--but my mother is the one who wore it. It's in excellent condition, though I just lost the crown! (How to find a replacement is one of my questions.) Since I'm new to this forum, I wasn't sure where to post my questions. Is it better to start a new thread somewhere?

10. Deany1 Nov 7, 2018

Just a few oddboy - don’t want want to bore everyone - only joined up yesterday!! Predominantly collect 80s hawaiin also 70s uk stuff - too big to store now !!! Upto prob 40ish - watches are far easier to store !!!

06685DF6-25DD-4780-AFD1-9A14CA06C2EA.jpeg FEA60125-A415-431D-9296-A564FC83DDC9.png 7ED4EF2F-F712-4FB2-A936-A918EDEE60BA.png 6C4D7D52-E9C2-43CB-A058-5D4BB3F96920.png 645EC2C2-499B-4ABE-997B-31A5378596B2.png FBB1A99A-BBE3-4CB7-A609-27B66E824B4C.png
    rob#1, RawArcher, superfly and 2 others like this.
  11. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 7, 2018

super cool! thank you for sharing! love the second from last (in the bedroom). very cool collection!

I always wanted to do more surfing, but no real waves where I live - except in the winter (Lake Ontario, Toronto Canada side). Believe it or not, some nut bars actually go surfing there in January! So I had to make do with wind surfing and skateboarding... and surfing every chance i get but usually on vacation. Had some great waves on the Golden Cost AUS a couple years ago.

welcome to the forum.

Deany1 likes this.
  12. vbrad26 Nov 7, 2018

Holy crap.
    I haven't surfed in years!
    Definitely some throwback names in there!
    I totally forgot abut T&C!

Deany1 likes this.
  13. Deany1 Nov 7, 2018

have another shed full aswell !!!! The 2nd from the end is a true hawaiin town and country. I’m in the uk so it’s def cold surfing here in the winter !!! Visited Toronto 20yrs ago or so - cool city - did the usual tourist stuff - CN tower - the baseball stadium with the then revolutionary retracting roof !!! Like I say switching to wrist wear now instead of 7ft pieces of fibreglass !!!! Look forward to getting involved on the forum - thanks

14. Deany1 Nov 7, 2018

T & C always seemed to have the best ads - best surfers - and ridiculous day glo coloured boards !!!

vbrad26 likes this.
  15. Shabbaz Nov 7, 2018

Yes, you should start a separate thread. And post some pictures! Good luck!

16. Tarkus697 Nov 12, 2018

Hi all! My name is Alan, I'm a software support guy and musician (trombonist) who lives in Philadelphia.

My love of watches started when my late grandfather (and namesake) gave me his Hamilton pocketwatch before he passed. Later in life, my dad gave me his Girard Perregaux before I got married (the first time) and just this year my folks gifted me my grandfather's Omega Speedmaster. It runs but it's in rough shape and per the certified Omega repair center in town (Govberg Jewelers), it's going to be around $1300 to fully restore it. Near as I can tell it's a '69 or '70 as they wouldn't give out the serial number unless I was getting it repaired/restored and no way in hell I'm opening the case myself.

17. vbrad26 Nov 12, 2018

Uh, that seems odd.
    Definitely do not let ANYONE touch the watch till you do some research here first.
    Please!

Tarkus697 likes this.
  18. Tarkus697 Nov 12, 2018

I'm going to start a new thread about it, don't worry.

19. vbrad26 Nov 12, 2018

Make sure you post pics!

20. Wildfire Nov 18, 2018

Hi all.

I’m CP in my late 30’s and an Information Security Consultant in London. I’ve long been a fan of watches since a kid, my first watch being a Casio FW-19, then the first Timex Ironman, followed by an Animal Watch (with the coveted Velcro strap!)

My first an only real watch for a long time was a Seiko Kinetic my parents bought me for Christmas when I was at Uni. This went everywhere with me and took the brunt of life, after a number of years it finally gave up and I put it in the draw and didn’t wear a watch!

It did seem to resurrect for a few years and a number of years ago I met a guy whom I later went to work for who reignited my interest in watches. Sadly au could never afford anything nearing a luxury watch as lunch was often a bigger challenge.

A career move around 6 years ago the allowed me to make my first purchase of a Tag 2000 (which I really regret selling) and this year I finally fulfilled a dream of owning a brand new Omega Speedmaster Professional!

The current collection includes Tag, Hamilton, Rado, Breitling, my great grandfather’s Fishcher A1 Cyma pocket watch and of course my Speedy Pro. If I could my dream would be a Snoopy, as I love the Speedy and Snoopy comics!