The fleamarket 14755-62 story and where I am now

Some of you might have heard the entry to the story before…

I live in Denmark and I collect watches and browse fleamarkets or did (Covid-19‍) and in September 2015 I did my round on a professional Copenhagen fleamarket. This was before the mass-interest in vintage watches and prices were still very friendly.

I looked through a box of a few hundred watches and found an eterna-matic 3000 in 18k gold, which I paid around €25 for as the thought it wasn’t gold as the gold had worn of the crown. It was a commemorative watch for 40 years of service at GM motors in Denmark. I was very happy with the find but decided to have another look in the box.

This was when my heart jumped a beat. I couldn’t believe it and first dismissed it as a copy but became more and more sure that I had found an early Seamaster 300. It didn’t run, but I could set the hands. I asked the price and the vendor said €80. I repeated the €80 to her, ready to pay, but she heard it as I perhaps thought it was a little much for a not running watch and imidiately replied €65 then - it is an Omega. I paid the €65 walked to the car to calm myself. After coming to the car I thought I have to document it! So I went inside again and took a picture of where I found it. The first two pictures are from when I found it.

I called my friend and told him I found a grail and drove over to show him.

Getting back home I opened the back to confirm I had found an Omega Seamaster 14755-62. I had it serviced and the watchmaker confirmed it had probably never been opened, polished or serviced before. Very happy and now the hunt for a bezel insert and an original box and perhaps a strap or a perhaps a bracelet. Which was much harder than I first thought it would be.
FF7D92D7-203E-45D9-B32C-281A56FA3062.jpeg 080A20D4-722E-465D-86EE-B2EFD52D6FD2.jpeg

After 3 year looking for a bezel insert not wanting to send my bezel to Aldo fearing losing it and wanting to keep it original I found a guy in Vietnam who made a close to an exact match and shortly after an original box.

116D1F6D-DAB9-4585-AF49-212CEE5CC6DF.jpeg 897BBC10-6CE2-4929-BDA5-384CB196CA28.jpeg

Until now I settled for an original but modern 19mm alligator with deployant clasp as I haven’t been able to find an exact match of bracelet to the watch being a 7912 1/63 or 4/62 according to the extract - I thought I had found one finding a 3/62 lately but reseaching a bit more it wouldn’t be right for my watch. Browsing and browsing I’ve now found and bought this - An original 19mm 1960s NOS omega folded leather strap. I am very happy with it matching the lumen very nicely!

All I need now is to find a 18mm inside 1960’s Omega buckle - I know they are about as common as unicorns but I am still hoping to find one! Debating if I should settle for a SpeedyTuesday remake brushed till I do…

4B939B86-8F15-40E0-9DBC-8E0E493CB961.jpeg 27A0CD29-8DD7-4197-9C02-D309685D55B2.jpeg

(Having no knowledge of Omega bracelets back in 2015 I waited until a couple of years ago when the prices are high to consider them - luckily if the right one pops up I can (probably) afford it, but I still beat myself from time to time thinking the bracelet might have been there in the junk with the watches…)

Good evening to you!
Edited:

I will double your investment right now!

great story- the kind of find we all dream of.

Great story, the dream for every flea-market explorer...

Wear it in good health !

The find of a lifetime, congrats!

Did you stop looking through the rest after finding the SM300? Maybe there was a Patek in there too 😁

P.S. Would you sell me the Eterna for a friendly price?
I could quadruple your investment 😜

Did you stop looking through the rest after finding the SM300? Maybe there was a Patek in there too 😁

P.S. Would you sell me the Eterna for a friendly price?
I could quadruple your investment 😜

Hah, I was sure to look hard after any more finds and have been back there several times since. Unfortunately now they discoved google and the prices are almost market price if not higher. I don’t have the eterna 3000 anymore it sold for about 20x

Hah, I was sure to look hard after any more finds and have been back there several times since. Unfortunately now they discoved google and the prices are almost market price if not higher. I don’t have the eterna 3000 anymore it sold for about 20x
You spoiled them by paying them that much and they could finally afford a smartphone! :whipped:

You spoiled them by paying them that much and they could finally afford a smartphone! :whipped:
Hah, yeah, should have haggled more 😟

What a beauty. I've never even tried visiting flea markets here in Vancouver, probably picked clean if anything.

There's nothing better than finding a diamond in the rough, it's one of the reasons that I still love this hobby so much.

Even the spring bars are original 🥰
It's a beautiful watch! Congrats on your big Deal!

Unbelievable story and find...was this find in Christiania? 😀
Hah, not but not far from there.

I am an avid charity ( thrift shop) shopper and whenever I go into one I always scan the glass display cabinet before anything hoping that somebody has donated at least an old seiko. I have have never had such luck. It's always old sekondas and fossil for me.🙁

Not only your good luck OP, but the watch's good luck too. To get resurrected and live a fuller second life in good collectors' hands. I guess this is the karmic sign for all of us (vaccinated folks only) to to walk out of our (fig.) covid bunkers and start hitting some flea markets.

I am an avid charity ( thrift shop) shopper and whenever I go into one I always scan the glass display cabinet before anything hoping that somebody has donated at least an old seiko. I have have never had such luck. It's always old sekondas and fossil for me.🙁
Just keep up doing what you are doing. Here is another 85 Euro find. It’s also been blessed with A NOS Omega strap and 18k buckle to match the case. 95C5F761-E0D5-46AE-A8D3-6326B7CDAF60.jpeg

Not only your good luck OP, but the watch's good luck too. To get resurrected and live a fuller second life in good collectors' hands. I guess this is the karmic sign for all of us (vaccinated folks only) to to walk out of our (fig.) covid bunkers and start hitting some flea markets.
Can’t wait myself!

Just keep up doing what you are doing. Here is another 85 Euro find. It’s also been blessed with A NOS Omega strap and 18k buckle to match the case. 95C5F761-E0D5-46AE-A8D3-6326B7CDAF60.jpeg

I am moving to your town sir. Boarding the next flight 😀

That is also a very nice find !

Never been that lucky, and with the recent events flea markets become more rare…

Did you see the recent post about the guy finding an old Seamaster Chronograph (I believe it was a 105.005) in a toolbox in an abandoned house? Both are great watches and great stories, but for me free just pips it.... either way, I'm MASSIVELY jealous of both discoveries! Lol.