The Canada Appreciation Thread

Locked
Posts
35,645
Likes
39,895
Is this the Canadian equivalent of "Florida man?"
I remember hearing Alberta was the Florida / Queensland of Canada but I’ve yet to see any of the stories to back it up. Guessing they must have the occasional naked dude in 20 below weather getting a DUI riding a moose
 
Posts
6,467
Likes
21,985
Not sure what the problem is here...you need the thermos to keep it cold!



Canada, eh?
Accused of what? Being in Loblaws? She should be thanked. Can you imagine the mess the geese would have made if they were in there by themselves?
 
Posts
35,645
Likes
39,895
50% Tariffs on Canadian goods again, that’s not very appreciated.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cvgvyy4x2mvo

Americans better stock up on their legit maple syrup while they can before it’s that high fructose corn syrup stuff that tastes like microwaved Dr Pepper
 
Posts
895
Likes
1,066
50% Tariffs on Canadian goods again, that’s not very appreciated.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cvgvyy4x2mvo

Americans better stock up on their legit maple syrup while they can before it’s that high fructose corn syrup stuff that tastes like microwaved Dr Pepper
We shall not bow down to Mr. Carney's unprovoked aggression! No more extra sharp cheddar!

And don't even get me started on that Canadian bacon.

BTW @dsio real legit male syrup comes from Vermont, one of our finest American states. Not some future wannabe state.

OK, now, seriously, most of us (including many who voted for him) are now quite embarrassed by Mr. Orange U. Voldemort and we apologize for his behavior.
 
Posts
30,180
Likes
77,927
We shall not bow down to Mr. Carney's unprovoked aggression! No more extra sharp cheddar!

And don't even get me started on that Canadian bacon.

BTW @dsio real legit male syrup comes from Vermont, one of our finest American states. Not some future wannabe state.

OK, now, seriously, most of us (including many who voted for him) are now quite embarrassed by Mr. Orange U. Voldemort and we apologize for his behavior.
US is a very minor player in maple syrup production...

 
Posts
432
Likes
1,044
I believe the US produces about 25% of the world's maple syrup. Which wouldn't qualify as "very minor". Still well behind Canada by a wide margin. I think your list represents exports and not production.
 
Posts
895
Likes
1,066
US is a very minor player in maple syrup production.
Very minor? We're #2 baby!

My post was meant in jest, humor, eh? We all love you guys!
 
Posts
3,433
Likes
9,112
We're #2 baby!
Vermont and New Hampshire maple syrup is just better than what Canada produces. Just a subjective opinion, but I believe it t be true.
 
Posts
3,446
Likes
35,196
Biker lady came in for patches. I’ve added 38 on her vest so far.

Usually black thread. But today, I rethreaded my machine. This flag does not need any new colours.



And don’t worry Blufinz52. My patches go to vets, cops and the occasional RUB. No outlaws.
 
Posts
895
Likes
1,066
Vermont and New Hampshire maple syrup is just better than what Canada produces. Just a subjective opinion, but I believe it t be true.
Bzzzzzzzt. Sorry, no, this is the Canadian appreciation thread. That may be true, but you can't say it here.

We love our neighbors to the north, eh?
 
Posts
13,624
Likes
18,979
We love our neighbors to the north, eh?
Of course we do, and I am pissed beyond pissed at the idiocracy that certain people in the U.S. subscribe to.

2028 is coming baby and it can’t get here fast enough.
gatorcpa
 
Posts
3,433
Likes
9,112
Bzzzzzzzt. Sorry, no, this is the Canadian appreciation thread. That may be true, but you can't say it here.

We love our neighbors to the north, eh?
Of course we love our neighbors to the north. I have many relatives in Quebec, my ancestors go back 12 generations in Quebec. I just like our maple syrup, that’s all.
 
Posts
30,180
Likes
77,927
I believe the US produces about 25% of the world's maple syrup. Which wouldn't qualify as "very minor". Still well behind Canada by a wide margin. I think your list represents exports and not production.
No those are 2023 production figures, not export.

The biggest producer in the US is Vermont, and in 2023 they made 900,000 gallons. Our biggest is Quebec, and in the same year they produced 8 million gallons. So again US production is about 10% of the what Canada produces. #2 for sure, but a very distant #2...
 
Posts
13,914
Likes
54,104
On behalf of all those who knew better than to vote this ass hat clown into office twice ( and especially those who now regret it ) I sincerely apologize for the behavior of this president and his thugs to our Canadian cousins. November is just around the corner and 2028 is sooner than you think.
 
Posts
18,734
Likes
38,884
Biker lady came in for patches. I’ve added 38 on her vest so far.
When I read that and before I saw what patches, I thought to myself "so many offs! Hasn't her brain told her she shouldn't be riding!"

But then, they're not "repair patches, whew.
 
Posts
18,734
Likes
38,884
On something topical for Canadia. Alberta is thinking of doing a West Oz style departure, basically for the same reasons that WA used.

Any Albertans (@Canuck et al) or in fact, any Canadians, have any thoughts either way on the Alberta Abdication?
 
Posts
2,411
Likes
3,216
Although I'm Canadian born, my loyalty is bound to the Maple trees and their delicious juices. Don't really care which country it came from. I've never seen US syrup sold in Canada or Australia. It's all Canadian origin. All the Costco syrup in Aus is Canadian too.

I'd love to try the American stuff if people claim it tastes different or better.
 
Posts
6,467
Likes
21,985
Amateurs!

There's different grades even from the same areas. I buy Costco cause it's cheap. But you gotta go to Canada to try it before you think you know Canadian syrup.
Why would anyone would want to put a tariff on Maple Syrup? The world's a mess.
 
Posts
2,465
Likes
7,071
November is just around the corner and 2028 is sooner than you think.
These aren't normal times... I doubt the current administration will cede power.