The Canada Appreciation Thread

Locked
Posts
6,765
Likes
10,421
It’s going to be an interesting final.

The dark horses against pre- championship favourites.
 
Posts
30,180
Likes
77,927
U.S. ambassador 'disappointed' with anti-American sentiment in Canada

"Pete Hoekstra said Thursday that what's most "unexpected" is the country's feelings about the U.S."

Honestly, I don't understand what this guy doesn't understand...

""I'm disappointed that I came to Canada - a Canada that it is very, very difficult to find Canadians who are passionate about the American-Canadian relationship," Hoekstra said at an event hosted by the Halifax Chamber of Commerce."

Trust me Pete, there are plenty of people who are VERY passionate about the Canada-US relationship, just not in the way you want them to be!

"The ambassador defended Trump's tariff agenda by saying countries competing with Canada to sell products to the U.S. are facing higher rates.
"Your relative position has improved," he said. "And you, your cabinet describes this as a relationship that America has turned its back on.""

No one here is dumb enough to believe this spin. Honestly this guy is incredibly naive about the damage that has been done.
 
Posts
1,462
Likes
6,725
U.S. ambassador 'disappointed' with anti-American sentiment in Canada

"Pete Hoekstra said Thursday that what's most "unexpected" is the country's feelings about the U.S."

Honestly, I don't understand what this guy doesn't understand...

""I'm disappointed that I came to Canada - a Canada that it is very, very difficult to find Canadians who are passionate about the American-Canadian relationship," Hoekstra said at an event hosted by the Halifax Chamber of Commerce."

Trust me Pete, there are plenty of people who are VERY passionate about the Canada-US relationship, just not in the way you want them to be!

"The ambassador defended Trump's tariff agenda by saying countries competing with Canada to sell products to the U.S. are facing higher rates.
"Your relative position has improved," he said. "And you, your cabinet describes this as a relationship that America has turned its back on.""

No one here is dumb enough to believe this spin. Honestly this guy is incredibly naive about the damage that has been done.
Self-awareness and reflection are not strong attributes of anyone in this administration, apparently. It seems the only prerequisite is being thin-skinned.
 
Posts
6,765
Likes
10,421
BBC Radio 4 in the UK have a short programme called ‘Witness History’ recalling notable events.

They repeated a programme this morning (played around a week ago) recounting the time the small town of Gander in Canada came to the rescue of numerous aeroplanes headed to the US on 9/11.

Those involved were astonished at the generosity of the Canadian locals and will be forever grateful - shame that those in power soon forget when it suits them to do so.

 
Posts
30,180
Likes
77,927
Proof that you can ask any price you want for something...

Discontinued Cherry Blossom Candies on eBay



I used to eat these all the time when I was a kid. The last time I tried one, maybe 10 years ago, I found it way too sweet, but it brought back a lot of memories. I don't think these were sold anywhere else but Canada.

If we are talking about a Canadian candy, my favourite is Coffee Crisp by far...so good...

 
This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Posts
2,465
Likes
7,071
Cherry Blossoms!

One of my favorite ads from youth. Very 1970's erotic...

Edited:
 
Posts
3,893
Likes
23,284
Proof that you can ask any price you want for something...

Discontinued Cherry Blossom Candies on eBay



I used to eat these all the time when I was a kid. The last time I tried one, maybe 10 years ago, I found it way too sweet, but it brought back a lot of memories. I don't think these were sold anywhere else but Canada.

If we are talking about a Canadian candy, my favourite is Coffee Crisp by far...so good...

My grandma from “Kweebek” city would ask me if I wanted a “Kahfé Krips”…🤣
 
This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Posts
6,467
Likes
21,985
Great show by Toronto. 10th inning, 3rd game. Going to be a heartbreak for one of them.
 
Posts
15,931
Likes
47,836
Our son is a Mariners fan. Hess pi$$ed that they aren’t in the World Series, and wants LA to win! Sour grapes. We’re Canadian.
 
Posts
30,180
Likes
77,927
Great show by Toronto. 10th inning, 3rd game. Going to be a heartbreak for one of them.
Top of the 12th. Going to have to pack it in soon and get some sleep. Missed opportunities by both teams at this stage…
 
Posts
6,467
Likes
21,985
Top of the 12th. Going to have to pack it in soon and get some sleep. Missed opportunities by both teams at this stage…
:🍿:
 
Posts
30,180
Likes
77,927
18 innings...watched it all. Great game but not the outcome I was after!
 
Posts
15,931
Likes
47,836
Game 4. Blue Jays win! Series tied 2-2. Our son is pi$$ed!
 
Posts
15,931
Likes
47,836
Jays take the lead! One win away. Can they do it?