The Best Of The Bunch — Meet The New Omega Speedmaster ’57 In Blue

Speedmaster-57-Co-Axial-1.jpg
For the diehards, there’s probably only one Speedmaster — the Moonwatch. However, other Speedmaster variations are available, and this has always been the case since 1969. Whereas the first variations were indicated with Mark 2, 3, 4, or 5 (and even 4.5), later on, we saw Speedmaster Day-Dates, Speedmaster Moonphase watches, and even a (very […]

Visit The Best Of The Bunch — Meet The New Omega Speedmaster ’57 In Blue to read the full article.

If I could only have one watch, it would have a blue dial. Glad they’ve refrained from using a white date wheel.

Very appealing aesthetics, IMO.

It would have pleased me more if they had refrained from using the date feature at all.

Nice to see some options with the different color dials. I’m looking forward to seeing them in person.

I’m not sure. Maybe they haven’t been delivered yet or will be soon.

I’ve seen this watch and it’s lovely, but a date function on a manual wind watch makes no sense to me. Especially without a proper quick-set function.

I’ve seen this watch and it’s lovely, but a date function on a manual wind watch makes no sense to me. Especially without a proper quick-set function.

It’s a 41.5mm automatic.

It’s a 41.5mm automatic.

The blue-variant '57 referred to in the article is a manually-wound 9906.

https://www.omegawatches.com/media/pdf/watches/product-sheet/us/en-us/33212415103001-en-us.pdf

MOVEMENT
Calibre: OMEGA 9906

Manual-winding chronograph with column wheel and Co- Axial escapement. Certified Master Chronometer, approved by METAS, resistant to magnetic fields reaching 15,000 gauss. Silicon balance-spring, 2 barrels mounted in series, time zone function. Central hour, minute and chronograph seconds hands, date function, small seconds counter, 12-hour and 60-minute counter. Rhodium plated finish with Geneva waves in arabesque.

Power reserve: 60 hours

I’ve seen it as well and agree that it’s lovely, but I didn’t realize that it doesn’t have a proper quickset date. That seems like a pretty significant flaw to me.

The blue-variant '57 referred to in the article is a manually-wound 9906.

https://www.omegawatches.com/media/pdf/watches/product-sheet/us/en-us/33212415103001-en-us.pdf

MOVEMENT
Calibre: OMEGA 9906

Manual-winding chronograph with column wheel and Co- Axial escapement. Certified Master Chronometer, approved by METAS, resistant to magnetic fields reaching 15,000 gauss. Silicon balance-spring, 2 barrels mounted in series, time zone function. Central hour, minute and chronograph seconds hands, date function, small seconds counter, 12-hour and 60-minute counter. Rhodium plated finish with Geneva waves in arabesque.

Power reserve: 60 hours

Indeed it is....but in my defense they reference the automatic in the same article. I just didnt read all the way through 😀