The Aviators Thread

Posts
830
Likes
1,439
Probably.

And probably trouble at the Dunkin’ Donuts too…

Are you allowed to hangout with Phrog bubbas?
 
Posts
6,702
Likes
79,917
One option to avoid slathering your flight jacket in patches (but still display them) is to do a portable/foldable/hangable patch board that allows Velcro backed patches to be mounted onto it. The Rothco patch board pictured below was a gift from fellow OF member and fellow rotorhead Nasal Radiator @ChuckMK23 …

Edited:
 
Posts
830
Likes
1,439
@ketchj I didn’t realize you guys were still flying P-3s on the West Coast. I saw one earlier today flying near the Golden Gate Bridge, heading West. You can’t miss the distinctive stinger.
 
Posts
1,820
Likes
3,547
One option to avoid slathering your flight jacket in patches (but still display them) is to do a portable/foldable/hangable patch board that allows Velcro backed patches to be mounted onto it. The Rothco patch board pictured below was a gift from fellow OF member and fellow rotorhead Nasal Radiator @ChuckMK23 …

Nice collection of patches. I like the "Quik" and the "fun meter". Also, may I ask what's the significance or meaning of "not spanking the monkey"?

Anyway, here's a collection from my RAAF days:

They were worn on a flying suit when conducting aeromedical evacuation (AME) missions or when part of a Search and Rescue crew.
 
Posts
6,702
Likes
79,917
…Also, may I ask what's the significance or meaning of "not spanking the monkey"?
It currently means “don’t make my Honda Monkey look slow” to other motorcycle riders (see below)…it also means something else which I won’t talk about here. 😁

 
Posts
48
Likes
101
@ketchj I didn’t realize you guys were still flying P-3s on the West Coast. I saw one earlier today flying near the Golden Gate Bridge, heading West. You can’t miss the distinctive stinger.

The Navy has a few left in inventory. There are a bunch flown by other countries and other government agencies.
 
Posts
48
Likes
101
A fun one that I have at work posted. The Army guys are not amused.
 
Posts
6,702
Likes
79,917
…The Army guys are not amused.
I hear you…the retired/former Air Force guys at the office are not amused with my awesome belt buckle from the P.I. …too bad, so sad. 😁



LATE ENTRY: Currently at the layover motel…better pic of my awesome belt buckle from the P.I. …

Edited:
 
Posts
48
Likes
101
I hear you…the retired/former Air Force guys at the office are not amused with my awesome belt buckle from the P.I. …too bad, so sad. 😁



LATE ENTRY: Currently at the layover motel…better pic of my awesome belt buckle from the P.I. …

That is awesome!!!
 
Posts
4,718
Likes
17,862
Somewhere over the Pacific
I hear you…the retired/former Air Force guys at the office are not amused with my awesome belt buckle from the P.I. …too bad, so sad. 😁



LATE ENTRY: Currently at the layover motel…better pic of my awesome belt buckle from the P.I. …


Based on that Speedy in the photo you have pulled your belt into a 42mm waist :0)
 
Posts
18,730
Likes
38,879
The Navy has a few left in inventory. There are a bunch flown by other countries and other government agencies.

Homeland Security birds?

I spent many hours maintaining RAAF P-3Bs, and etched in my memory is one test flight from Exmouth to Amberley that took 12 hours, no stops along the way.

I also see the venerable P-3 airframe still soldiers on (in EP-3E format).

 
Posts
6,702
Likes
79,917
Saw this AA 73 done up in an old TWA livery at KBOS today…pretty cool…

 
Posts
6,702
Likes
79,917
That is awesome!!!
Thanks, dude…I purchased that buckle in Olongapo City, Philippines during my first deployment in 1989/1990.