The Aviators Thread

Fairey Barracuda?

Yes 100%. I was not familiar with that one. I just found this by a combined search. Good spot 👍
The watches are probably not clear enough for an ID.

Love the way she's checking her mobile phone in that pic! 😁

Have to admit, it wasn't familiar to me either - it clearly wasn't one of the 'usual suspects', so I thought Fairey, Firefly/Battle/Barracuda might be worth an image search.

Love the way she's checking her mobile phone in that pic! 😁

Have to admit, it wasn't familiar to me either - it clearly wasn't one of the 'usual suspects', so I thought Fairey, Firefly/Battle/Barracuda might be worth an image search.

Looks like the plane had a TV and Netflix as well........😁

Boeing has gone downhill since the the reverse acquisition by McDonnell Douglas.

Presented with these torches many years ago by British Airways on the first commercial landing at Heathrow in thick fog and boy it was thick 😁

Thanks for the article. Scary stuff.
I remember growing up in the 1970s when the 747 was queen of the skies. The Boeing name was a byword for safe, reliable planes you could stake your life on.
Boeing has gone downhill since the the reverse acquisition by McDonnell Douglas.

I remember an old saying at the time: If it ain't Boeing I ain't going!

Sadly nowadays, it's more like: If it's a Boeing, I ain't going!
Edited:

Presented with these torches many years ago by British Airways on the first commercial landing at Heathrow in thick fog and boy it was thick 😁

My first actual flight, as contrasted to many imaginary, was from Wick to to Inverness then on to Glasgow in a Vickers Viscount. Oh those huge windows! We were weighed before getting on -- at that time I was a touch lighter than I am now.

Eventual destination Birmingham. Then I had the assigned task of driving our construction site's new Land-Rover back to the north coast of Scotland. Two 12 to 14 hour days of driving at that time.

Great souvenirs.

Boeing Boeing gone ... hopefully there is a positive reset. Overall the incident stats for the industry have been on good a trend over the long term.

I always liked this quote from Airport 1970 (George Kennedy who also was in the Army for 16 years from 1943 and fought in the battle of the bulge). Might be a bit nostalgic but they don’t make em like that anymore....

Cockpit qualified young man : [after the plane gets out of the ditch] The instruction book said that was impossible.
Joe Patroni (George Kennedy) That's one nice thing about the 707. She can do everything BUT read.

Boeing Boeing gone ... hopefully there is a positive reset. Overall the incident stats for the industry have been on good a trend over the long term.

I always liked this quote from Airport 1970 (George Kennedy who also was in the Army for 16 years from 1943 and fought in the battle of the bulge). Might be a bit nostalgic but they don’t make em like that anymore....

Cockpit qualified young man : [after the plane gets out of the ditch] The instruction book said that was impossible.
Joe Patroni (George Kennedy) That's one nice thing about the 707. She can do everything BUT read.
I love the 707 and spent many years working on them and when I was not working on them I was in the shop building the JT3D engines that powered them.

I have a big collection of models both modern and old. I will basically collect anything 707 and in 2011 when breitling brought out the TranOcean I bought one because of the advert with the 707 that they used. First expensive watch and still the most disappointing as it’s always AOG, perhaps breitling should have dedicated it to the BAC 1-11

I have this in the stairway at home. Signed by Tex himself.

On the opposite wall is this Q400 window section I cut out and gold leafed.

perhaps breitling should have dedicated it to the BAC 1-11

Funny you should mention the 1-11, my second flight, on the same day as the first, was on a 1-11. Was a very sporty landing reminiscent of navigating on rally stages. I assume the auto-throttles were working hard as the engine revs were constantly changing. My return to Scotland in a 50bhp diesel Land-Rover with a ton of welding rods in the back was a lot slower. Would have been nice if the company garage had put the correct pressure in the tyres too.

Flightradar24 article. I wonder how long the writer spent working this one up 😁.

Flightradar24 article. I wonder how long the writer spent working this one up 😁.

Plane producer proves poor paint preparation promotes poor performance..... follow up article ;0)