Forums Latest Members

Tell me a joke! The OF humor thread :-D

1. Canuck Mar 11, 2022

A guy tells his friend that his wife doesn’t mind the lipstick on his collar, but she can’t tolerate the FDS on his breath.

M'Bob and Darlinboy like this.
  2. Pun Mar 11, 2022

Rights

Screenshot_2022_0311_211148.jpg
  3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 11, 2022

Pun, Omegafanman, DaveK and 2 others like this.
  4. impalla62ss Mar 11, 2022

5. vitriol Mar 11, 2022

Wryfox, Mark020, ConElPueblo and 8 others like this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 11, 2022

A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each other the silent treatment.

Suddenly, the man realised that the next day he would need his wife to wake him at 5:00 am for an early morning business flight.

Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper, “Please wake me at 5:00 am.”

He left it where he knew she would find it.

The next morning, the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 am and he had missed his flight.

Furious, he was about to go and see why his wife hadn’t wakened him when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed.

The paper said, “It is 5:00 am. Wake up.”

Men are not equipped for these kinds of contests.

Maxim, blufinz52, Mark020 and 11 others like this.
  7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 11, 2022

In the fourteenth century, a decree came down from the Vatican that all the Jews had to leave Rome. Naturally this caused a huge uproar among the Jewish community, so much so that the Vatican almost reconsidered. After a few days mulling it over, the Vatican added a condition: if a member of the Jewish community could beat the Pope in a theological debate, then they could stay. But if they lost, they had to leave.

Realizing that they were in a bind, the Jewish community had no choice but to accept. The leaders of the community discussed it, and turned to the tailor in their community, an old man named Chaim. With a shrug and "As long as it doesn't get in the way of my work" he agreed to do it.

The day of the debate came. Both sides met in the center of the Jewish quarter, the Pope and his cardinals on one side of the table that had been set out, Chaim and the leaders of the Jewish community on the other side. Chaim added one condition to the debate: neither side could talk. With a nod the Pope accepted. Both sides sat down, and the debate began.

Both sides sat staring at each other for a long time before the Pope held up three fingers. Chaim held up one finger. The Pope circled his finger around his head, and Chaim pointed a finger right down at the table. The Pope took out a bottle of wine and a wafer, and Chaim set an apple on the table. With an exasperated cry the Pope stood up, "The Jews can stay!" and storms back to the Vatican, his cardinals flying in his wake. Shrugging, Chaim goes back to his shop.

The cardinals, gobsmacked, begged the Pope to tell them how he lost. "That is the most learned, wise man I have ever met. I held up three fingers for the Holy Trinity, and he reminded me we had one god in common. I indicated that God was all around us, and he told me God was right here with us, too. I showed atonement with wine and wafer, and he produced an apple to remind me of original sin. He had an answer for everything! I couldn't win!"

Meanwhile, back in his shop, the ecstatic leaders of the Jewish community were asking Chaim how he had won the debate. With a dismissive shrug he replied, "Well, he told me the Jews had three days to clear out of Rome, and I told him not one of us was leaving. He said the city would be cleared of Jews, and I told him we were staying right here." Chaim shakes head as he started to fix a cuff.

"And then?" the leaders prompt.

"I don't know," he says with a sigh. "He took out his lunch and I took out mine."

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 12, 2022

9. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 12, 2022

4 Dollars a gallon... still 50% cheaper than in Europe ! :thumbsdown:

hanky6 and Mark020 like this.
  10. ghce Mar 12, 2022

$3.50 a litre in NZ thats about $14.00 a gallon.

11. M'Bob Mar 12, 2022

12. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 12, 2022

13. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 12, 2022

14. M'Bob Mar 12, 2022

Mark020, McKinley, Darlinboy and 3 others like this.
  15. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 13, 2022

On his evening walk, Tony finds an ancient pottery bottle half buried in the silt by the river. Carefully examining it, he notices that it still has the stopper in it, and there is some kind of writing embossed around the rim of the bottle. Pulling out his handkerchief, Tony gently begins to rub the mud from the bottle, to see if he can decipher the characters.

To his surprise, a thread of smoke oozes from around the stopper and the bottle begins to shake violently. With a sudden *crack!* the stopper flies off and a kgenie appears before him, arms folded in the traditional genie manner.

"Thank you for freeing me," says the genie. "I have been trapped in that bottle for over a thousand years!"

The genie continues, "In return for releasing me, I will give you a reward of one million euros. However Tony, I must warn you - if you accept it, the person you loathe most in this world will get twice as much. Do you accept the reward with these terms?"

"Of course I'll take it!," Tony replies chuckling a bit, "Why wouldn't I want three million euros?"

Mark020, Longbow, Farmer and 6 others like this.
  16. M'Bob Mar 13, 2022

Alternative punch line: “Yeah, my wife can have it; at least it stays in the family…”

blufinz52, Longbow, Paedipod and 7 others like this.
  17. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 13, 2022

18. impalla62ss Mar 13, 2022

Maxim, Wryfox, pmontoyap and 12 others like this.
  19. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 13, 2022

I was trying to get a valuation on my car today.
    They asked if the tank was full or empty.

20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 14, 2022