Forums Latest Members

Team Alinghi Moonwatch (New Model)

1. kelsey Aug 2, 2020

I don’t think it hurts the Apollo 8 this by contrast shows how right they got the Apollo 8, and shows how that wasn’t such an easy feat.

Caliber561, Dedlock and Dogmann like this.
  2. man winding Aug 3, 2020

I have an Apollo 8, which I love, so I should probably like this. And there are some elements of it I do really like - Omega's black ceramic is stunning, particularly on the brushed sections of the case, and the red looks good (at least some of it, especially on the pusher). I quite like the 3 sub-dial as well. But then I don't understand why they ruined it with the 6 sub-dial and the carbon fibre. Maybe it's better in person. Or maybe not.

Dedlock likes this.
  3. Stripey Aug 3, 2020

This is purely subjective of course, but I really liked the photos; yet when I saw it in person last week, what really turned me off it most was the six dial. It looks like a red paper sticker.

Edit - I have an Apollo 8 too, and likewise on the love for it.

Dedlock and Dogmann like this.
  4. 《007》 Aug 14, 2020

i see the apollo 8 is way better looking than the Alinghi. Personally, i feel the black-yellow combo is nicer than black-red combo.

5. Caliber561 Aug 14, 2020

Well, since it is an 1861-based movement, it *could* be swapped out for a standard baton.

Stripey likes this.
  6. slwoodster Aug 18, 2020

This thread made me go down a rabbit hole of Alinghi limited editions I had no idea existed.

7. f18sailor Aug 18, 2020

Guess I'm in the minority, but as an avid multihull racer and Americas Cup fan (since they went to foiling), I am seriously considering one of these. Only "upgrade" I would have liked to see is a deployent buckle.

Dedlock likes this.
  8. Stripey Aug 20, 2020

Upgrade it yourself? I have just done with my Apollo 8, thanks to a kind member here who went to the bother of getting me the catalogue numbers so I could convince the Omega boutique at the third time of asking that the deployant version of the Apollo 8 strap existed. Admittedly it has cost me an extra £530.

9. AntonisCy Dec 8, 2020