Tarnish On Gold Bezel

This happens on my gold cap EternaMatic bezel which I believe to be gold, but not on the lugs. I use a simple soft silver cloth which seems to do the trick without any damage to the finish.
I just acquired this gold cap 1958 Eternamatic. Loving it! image.jpg

I get this type f tarnish on my gold capped constellation. I leave it and some of it comes off as I wear and some stays. Wood produces lots of acidic gases, so a wooden drawer, is often quite good at producing tarnish.

To me the colours produced by the tarnish look like interference colours, like an oil slick on a puddle. Does anyone know for sure? The reason I ask is that someone who is better at physics than me would be able to relate the colour of the tarnish to the thickness of the tarnish layer, and that could possibly be related to the fraction of microns of gold removed during the cleaning.

Gorgeous watch!
I just acquired this gold cap 1958 Eternamatic. Loving it! image.jpg
The watch came with a gold tone Speidel stretch watch band that I’m sure is original to the watch. It perfectly compliments the gold cap. I usually prefer a quality leather strap (I just added a genuine alligator cognac colored strap on my 1947 bumper Omega watch) but the Speidel is so comfortable and looks great I’ll just keep it to remain original.

18kt Team Tarnish for me
@TexOmega , it might be too small for your wrist.
By the way, I have the smaller wrist size that might be more suitable for this watch.😁