Take your watch swimming underwater?

If it’s made to go underwater, and has been tested, why wouldn’t you?

I’ve snorkeled 10-12’ deep with my yachtmaster, but looking back I don’t think I would do it again. Too much risk if the crown isn’t tightened or some dumb reason.

Isn't a Yachtmaster good to go down to 300m?

Somebody isn't happy after he got his watch back from service and went swimming: 1274180-55ed5493b27c9008cd52a7125b6b508c.jpg
Update : watch owner got word from JLC, watch which was bought new in March 2021 will get almost all internal parts replaced and they threw in a rubber strap and deployant as compensation. Some (on the local watchforum) advised the OP to demand a new one but OP is happy with the parts replacement.

I guess JLC didn't ask if he had gone over the 300m depth limit, which would void the warranty.😀

Ever wear your watch when you’re in the water?

I don’t mind doing it with my Oyster Case type Rolex watches, but have never done it with my other watches even though they claim to be waterproof. The Rolex watches have a winding crown that screws on to the case like a submarine hatch.

Anyone put their Speedmaster underwater? Or other Omega watch?

I might do it with a newer watch but the two Speedmasters I’ve owned were 68 and 69 models.

If you have pictures of your watch wet or in the water, go ahead and post them.

Here are pictures of my GMT Master in my pool. Still ticking.

Hello,
I have a Speedmaster 1971 and I just had it serviced. I did not have the chance to swim with it yet but I put it under a tap when clean with soap every 4-5 days with no problems. I will take a picture while under water when I’ll clean it next time and I will post it…

Emil

Ever wear your watch when you’re in the water?

I don’t mind doing it with my Oyster Case type Rolex watches, but have never done it with my other watches even though they claim to be waterproof. The Rolex watches have a winding crown that screws on to the case like a submarine hatch.

Anyone put their Speedmaster underwater? Or other Omega watch?

I might do it with a newer watch but the two Speedmasters I’ve owned were 68 and 69 models.

If you have pictures of your watch wet or in the water, go ahead and post them.

Here are pictures of my GMT Master in my pool. Still ticking.

Hi,
This summer I was in Greece for two weeks and I wore for the whole time my Seamaster 2551.80
No problems, no scratches, all good.
Cheers!

Hello,
I have a Speedmaster 1971 and I just had it serviced. I did not have the chance to swim with it yet but I put it under a tap when clean with soap every 4-5 days with no problems. I will take a picture while under water when I’ll clean it next time and I will post it…

Emil
Hello,
As I promised I will post a couple a videos that I took when I cleaned my Speedmaster 145.022 -1971.
The service was done couple of months ago…

Emil

And picture taken like 45 min after cleaning the watch. All ok, no water issues.

Emil