Forums Latest Members

Story about local scammers.

1. vlaspri Feb 4, 2021

Hi OF!

I want to share with you my story about local tricky scammers.

I have a small collection of watches and like any of us, when I want to add a new watch - I should sell the old one. usually I don't sell anything locally because prices are not relevant to market ones so I use eBay or other forum's marketplaces. Just being curious I've posted one of my watches on local marketplace and... Just in an hour I had 3 pretty polite ladies (profile pics) ragely messaging me through Telegram all with the same scheme.

They all needed the watch asap as gifts for their boyfriend/father/husband birthday. All of them lived around 300km away from me. All of them wanted to ship the watch through courier and send the payment through them. And !tadaaam! all of them told me that for such an unusually fast need of my watch they will add 20-30 Euros to initial price.

Chatting with the first one I was pretty surprised about her (his?!) request, with the second one this all became a joke for me so I called her the first one's sister. After my negative response the third one started to send me pretty abusive messages ::screwloose:: and it all ended with a +1 to blacklist contacts.

Do you think it is the end? No. :)

The next day I had a phone call from the local flipper (I searched his phone number through 4 messangers), who started our conversation with sharing his experience with those "pretty scammers" and made me an offer half lower from the initial price saying that this is my last chance :eek:. +2 to blacklist. And he banned my listing on local marketplace.

I had so much fun.

Please be aware of scammers.

NotAClue likes this.
  2. NotAClue Feb 4, 2021

Excellent story!

I must confess that if I had to choose between the flipper and the 3 (probables) ladies I would rather take my chances shipping the watch to one of those husbands, boyfriends or fathers... :)

vlaspri likes this.
  3. vlaspri Feb 4, 2021

... and we could have a great chat foursome about my Omega Geneve. :)

NotAClue likes this.