Overseas vs local buy

Posts
107
Likes
153
Good day everybody!

I'm seeking opinions regarding my next acquisition.

I'm looking to buy a 233.60.41.21.03.001 which is out of stock and discontinued and I've found two of them which are in my price range.

One is for sale in Japan through a reputable seller on Chrono24, new in box with papers but no METAS card and probably no warranty (warranty card is not stamped).

The other one is closer to me, about a 6 hours drive one way, sold new in 2020, good condition but obviously out of warranty also.

Prices are pretty close to each other, the one in country being a few thousands more but I might be able to bargain a little with the shop.

Overall, they should be about the same price when all is said and done.

Feel free to weight in!

 
Posts
13,518
Likes
23,452
Obviously which country you’re in plays a part as customs in different countries have different rates of aggression.

In the UK I know with little doubt I’ll be paying 20+% duties on top of the purchase price so I need to factor that in.
 
Posts
107
Likes
153
Obviously which country you’re in plays a part as customs in different countries have different rates of aggression.

In the UK I know with little doubt I’ll be paying 20+% duties on top of the purchase price so I need to factor that in.
I've done the math, the one from Japan is gonna be the same price with customs and taxes as the one in country with taxes only.
 
Posts
107
Likes
153
Thanks for your input guys, I've contacted the seller from Japan and I placed the order. I should receive the watch soon!
 
Posts
1,454
Likes
6,532
Thanks for your input guys, I've contacted the seller from Japan and I placed the order. I should receive the watch soon!
I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. It wouldn't be unusual for a pre-owned watch from Japan to have a relatively short bracelet and no spare links... hopefully not an issue for you.
 
Posts
107
Likes
153
I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. It wouldn't be unusual for a pre-owned watch from Japan to have a relatively short bracelet and no spare links... hopefully not an issue for you.
No problem! Thanks for taking the time to answer now!

The watch is New in box, new old stock. Never been worn, never been sold! The bracelet is complete, I've verified with some pictures from the seller.