Stolen: Speedmaster Tokyo Olympics "Rising Sun", Be on the Lookout

I’d consider it a HUGE long shot because they check the stolen watch databases, but Crown & Caliber (who are awesome in my view) did list a Tokyo Rising Sun last night with no box and no papers.

https://www.crownandcaliber.com/pro...cialties-522-30-42-30-06-001-10-10-ome-kfh0bm

I've reached out to C&C to verify the LE and serial of the watch they have (they are already closed for the day, so it will be tomorrow before things get checked out). Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Confirmed with C&C that this is, unfortunately, not my watch. There was also a "watch only" sale posted to WUS, but its clear from the pics on the post that is not mine either (serial and LE # are different). Search continues.
Edited:

Do you happen to use the WatchRecon app? You can put alerts on a search. They crawl the usual watch sites

Holy shit, I found it. Sold on Ebay June 23 2024. Seller calls himself WilliamsburgWatchesLLC on Ebay, Timepieces_NYC on Reddit and
"tpnyc2" on Instagram. Ebay link here: https://ebay.to/4d9eyqs

Working with law enforcement and Ebay Fraud department to retrieve my stolen watch. Frankly, I have very low expectations of success.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Holy shit, I found it. Sold on Ebay June 23 2024. Seller calls himself WilliamsburgWatchesLLC on Ebay, Timepieces_NYC on Reddit and

Working with law enforcement and Ebay Fraud department to retrieve my stolen watch. Frankly, I have very low expectations of success.

Is there anything that you would like us to do? Given that 2 years passed since it was stolen and the eBay seller is based in Brooklyn, is it possible this is the same guy who purchased it originally and just sat on it the whole time knowing it was stolen?

Interesting, given this seller is in NYC, sounds like the original flipper was being honest. That said, the fact none of these multiple sellers who clearly flip watches on the regular are bothering to do any due diligence is concerning.

Have you logged this stolen with Omega? I'm just wondering if this ever winds up in the hands of an Omega service center if that may be an avenue for you to get it returned, given you have a paper trail with the police. It seems to me like other than the original thief these parties are willfully unaware this watch is stolen, so there is no reason the eventual buyer wouldn't get it serviced by Omega. Of course, that could be years away - and still I don't know what Omega does in this situation. (Would love to know, actually...)

Is there anything that you would like us to do? Given that 2 years passed since it was stolen and the eBay seller is based in Brooklyn, is it possible this is the same guy who purchased it originally and just sat on it the whole time knowing it was stolen?

Given OP spoke to a watch flipper in Nevada who confirmed he had bought and then traded it, not sure this is possible?

I'd like to know the identity of the seller, although I agree with @Jakeys that these unscrupulous types enjoy their willful ignorance when buying/selling what they probably know is stolen property, or at least of dubious origin. In this shady world of fencing stolen property, buyers and sellers are not cooperative. I have reached out to the seller and he blew me off when I asked for the buyer info, only saying he doesn't have it. I have not reported it to Omega, nor do I know if they even have such a stolen watch tracking capability.
Edited:

Interesting, given this seller is in NYC, sounds like the original flipper was being honest. That said, the fact none of these multiple sellers who clearly flip watches on the regular are bothering to do any due diligence is concerning.

Have you logged this stolen with Omega? I'm just wondering if this ever winds up in the hands of an Omega service center if that may be an avenue for you to get it returned, given you have a paper trail with the police. It seems to me like other than the original thief these parties are willfully unaware this watch is stolen, so there is no reason the eventual buyer wouldn't get it serviced by Omega. Of course, that could be years away - and still I don't know what Omega does in this situation. (Would love to know, actually...)

Given OP spoke to a watch flipper in Nevada who confirmed he had bought and then traded it, not sure this is possible?

If today's seller is the same person who purchased it in 2022, they sat on the watch for 2 years and I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that Nevada police would have called them to check if they still had the watch. That brings up questions worth asking.

Then, if we instead assume the police didn't contact them, I would want to know why they sat on this watch for 2 years and then suddenly listed on eBay. It's not like this is a hard to sell reference, and sitting on it for 2 years may very well show some knowledge that they knew it was stolen. That's not a dealer I would ever, ever want to work with.

Now, if it's not the same seller obviously the situation might be different.

Here in Victoria, Australia, dealers in second hand goods are required to have a second hand dealers license and keep records of what they’ve traded and who they got it from.
Having said that it’s poorly policed and there are plenty of rogue traders both licensed and unlicensed getting away with it.
The coppers here have little to no interest in property crime, unless the victim is the government, a major institution or big business!
They are too busy raising revenue by pinging some poor bastard for travelling +3kp/h over the posted speed limit!

watch has definitely been worn since stolen (it was unworn when stolen from me, so its probably changed hands at least once. The LLC of the seller is a registered LLC so I have quite a bit of info on the seller now.

Maybe we can all reach out to Jacob? He suggests he is a “trustworthy dealer” so maybe he can lend a hand to another enthusiast. “No question or request is too big or too small”

IMG_9045.jpeg

watch has definitely been worn since stolen (it was unworn when stolen from me, so its probably changed hands at least once. The LLC of the seller is a registered LLC so I have quite a bit of info on the seller now.
Not only has it been worn, but they found a box for it.

Edit: Do you still have the warranty card?

I have everything but the watch: outer box, inner box, hang tag, warranty card, cert of authenticity, etc. I also noted "Jacob" or a prior fence sourced an inner box, and a leather card sleeve.

Only posting these because eBay links break- Sometimes sooner than others, and I’d hate for these to disappear if you needed them later.

IMG_0202.jpeg IMG_0203.jpeg
IMG_0207.jpeg
IMG_0205.jpeg IMG_0206.jpeg
Edited:

Thanks @Scarecrow Boat I did archive everything before I posted on the forum; I've been down this road before and shady people tend to start deleting everything as fast as possible once they are "outed". I've got quite a bit more that I haven't shared here.

Thanks @Scarecrow Boat I did archive everything before I posted on the forum; I've been down this road before and shady people tend to start deleting everything as fast as possible once they are "outed". I've got quite a bit more that I haven't shared here.
Oh good! I’m truly impressed that you found your watch after this much time has passed. I’m wishing you the best and want so badly for you to be reunited with it again! Good luck!!

I have not reported it to Omega, nor do I know if they even have such a stolen watch tracking capability.

Here is a thread where something similar happened to someone who bought a stolen Rolex, and sent it to Rolex for service. The guy's comment history shows he did not get the watch back, but he got a full refund from eBay - so the watch must have gone back to its original owner.

I don't know if Omega maintains a registry, there is some anecdotal information on the web that states they don't, but it would be worth at least asking them anyway. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying.