Still hunting?

After nine months, managed to get a few of them. Had to travel internationally for family, but there is a MoonSwatch store nearby. We were very surprised to be able to walk in and by them in the store. Between that and the pop up store two weeks ago at home, we have seven of them in the family. Kids wanted a couple, and my wife even succumbed to peer pressure and bought two.
Store required ID, allows one watch per day, and they a logging which one you buy so you can only buy one each. Don’t know if that list goes to other countries.
Neptune is still not available, I was told it would be available again in 2023. So if you are sitting on one to flip, better start thinking about that soon.
Mercury was not available at the pop-up stores, nor at the store we visited. No idea why or when it will show up.
Based on what has been available over the last week, the current order of popularity:
(Mercury)
Moon
Saturn
Jupiter
The other six do not seem to sell out.

Nice reporting from the field. I won’t buy one over MSRP so will have to wait until they are widely available online or I am near a store. My wife still wants one- can’t remember which one now but Uranus is always the one we all want to get our hands on 😉

... Uranus is always the one we all want to get our hands on 😉
sorry-what-did-5aecef.jpg

My wife is partial to the Saturn. I saw one for only $50 over retail the other day, but passed on it.

I was in Venice on the weekend. Shop had Sun, Mars, Uranus, and Venus. First time I’ve seen them in the flesh. I was surprised at the price because I had somehow remembered they were $99! In any case, tried on the Sun…. found it very fidgety to try to get the strap fastened. They’re more exciting in the photos than in the flesh. I passed. They had lots of those 4 in stock.

I was at KOP in philly the one day and just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I saw the swatch store and walked in and waited behind one other customer. By the time I was finished purchasing one the line was already out the door. I assumed some type of message went out announcing the store had just received some stock..

No Swatch stores near me so I'll have to wait until I travel again.🙁

I went to the San Francisco Swatch store yesterday and today, both times around 12:20p. They had Sun, Mercury (gone when I got there yesterday), Venus, Earth, Moon (only yesterday), Mars, Saturn, Uranus, and Pluto. I scored Moon yesterday and Mars today.

The sales team there are very nice. They said that they get shipments at random times of the day. They also will answer their phone and let you know if a shipment came in. I called twice today and at 10a they had nothing and at 12:15p they had some. They won’t tell you what they have; you have to go in and see.

Regarding Neptune, they said they haven’t seen any since March and were told that there was a quality problem, that has been fixed. He said for now, those are only available at the New York boutique.

I can’t decide whether to keep these or flip them. The red is quite red.

I wonder how long before these plastic pieces of shit will be worthless like the rest of them.

Apparently there are lots of rich collectors buying the whole set, like Kevin O’Leary and his pals.

Apparently there are lots of rich collectors buying the whole set, like Kevin O’Leary and his pals.

Oh man Kevin O'Leary? Jeez give me a minute to compose myself! 😁

I wonder how long before these plastic pieces of shit will be worthless like the rest of them.

I’m with you Fred.
Had fun looking at a jewellery store the other day on what you get for this money….if only people knew 😗 (this is for non watch people not the here audience)

Would take a Seiko all day long…

Oh man Kevin O'Leary? Jeez give me a minute to compose myself! 😁
Yes Mr. Wonderful himself! Point being that they may keep value for quite a while, like Dogecoin or Gamestop.

I can’t decide whether to keep these or flip them. The red is quite red.
I’ll take that red one off your hands for ya 👍

I for one miss my SANDY 490 mechanical. I wish I could have gotten the tritium tubes replaced.

Much nicer than the Marathon.

I think you meant to say "bioceramic pieces of shit."

My wife and I were in Houston last week for her birthday and went to the Galleria to do a little shopping, the Swatch store had the MoonSwatch display box with all nine watches in the window, but I have no idea which ones they had to sell. We both thought, meh, not worth $260 for a plastic watch. It is amazing that these watches caused such mania worldwide, especially among the Omega cognescenti. Classic herd mentality.

I might have put up with it but once I read "non-maintainable", heck with it.