Forums Latest Members

FS Steel Vintage 1962 Omega Seamaster 14701, Onyx Inserts, Gold Hardware

1. Wlcutter May 4, 2022

On offer's a Seamaster I adore, but which I really don't wear.

CASE: the 34mm steel case is in good used shape, with scuffing and evidence of use throughout. I *love* the 14700/01 cases, with their angled bevels at the edge of the case, and this one's clearly unpolished with great lines throughout. The screw-down caseback is in good shape with little wear. The scalloped crown is original and excellent. The only issue is a bit of haze on the crystal between 9-10. I cannot see an Omega symbol on the crystal. Other than that, everything's in good, used condition.

DIAL+HANDS: Excellent and original gold hardware is fantastic. I can't see any serious marks on the dial; there may be some surface dust, but the glossiness of the dial makes it hard for me to be sure. There's no lume; the hands and indices have, I believe, onyx inserts (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), and imo they look just stunning.

MVMT: The 19M Cal 562 is currently running well, and the date is not quickset, but can be adjusted by going back and forth from 2100 to midnight. I haven't had the watch serviced, but it's worked accurately for the last 18 months, and has worked every time I've picked it out and worn it. I'm sure a service would be useful; that said, the movement looks excellent, for whatever that's worth.

the price is $800 for this, with free two-day shipping in the US and international shipping to be worked out. Happy to answer any questions and provide as many references as requested. Thanks for looking.

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-5.jpg s-l1600-4.jpg s-l1600-6.jpg s-l1600-7.jpg s-l1600-8.jpg s-l1600-9.jpg

Sternjohn84, Difeer, hejsam and 8 others like this.
  2. Wlcutter Oct 31, 2022

Bump+price reduction to $700 if anyone's interested.

janice&fred likes this.