Forums Latest Members

SS bracelet scratches on case back!

1. PRW May 9, 2020

My PO came with a rubber strap, however, I have been trying various different straps to change its look. I recently purchased a SS Bracelet for it and wore it for a week or two. After taking the bracelet off I noticed it had scratches the rear of the case, is this generally what happens when attaching a SS Bracelet?

2. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool May 9, 2020

Steel on steel will generally cause scratches. If you look at many Submariners and GMT’s you can often see a tiny tiny chip at the inner corner of the lugs, because the last link of the Oyster bracelet has rubbed against the case. That’s just the way it is. I don’t know if this is also the case with the current line but the older 4 and 5 digit models “suffer” from this.

connieseamaster and PRW like this.
  3. PRW May 9, 2020

Ok, thanks, so I'll take it as acceptable then and look at it as adding character to the watch?

4. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool May 9, 2020

Of course I can’t rule out that something is wrong with your bracelet but these are typical marks from endlinks.
    B3BE2859-DB77-4BA3-B152-D3ADEB8D3A48.jpeg
    Now I don’t know what marks you are referring to

PRW likes this.
  5. PRW May 9, 2020

Yes, the same.
    Thanks for the photos and confirmation.

6. Fedev May 9, 2020

I can confirm this also happens on the current line. I have a Speedmaster 005 and it has visible scratches from the end links.

PRW likes this.
  7. scapa May 9, 2020

Same. Doesn't seem to have happened with my SMP, however.

PRW likes this.