Spotted Omega dial - Should I restore it?

Posts
2
Likes
1
I bought this watch on eBay about 2 years ago. It runs well until recently I noticed some moisture got in the acrylic crystal. So I brought it to an Omega boutique for a full servicing and it's now in Switzerland.

Right now, I'm at the cross road of thinking whether to do a dial restoration as well. As you can see the dial is quite badly damaged by oxidation or moisture, but it's just my guess. As you can see there are many white dotted areas everywhere. The numbers and markings, I think they are alright. Even for those rusted area near number 8 and at number 11, they seem acceptable to me. With a dial at this condition, I believe it was never restored.

I would like to know your opinion on the condition of the dial and whether you would restore it if you were me.

 
Posts
3,601
Likes
7,817
For watch of that age the spotting is “age appropriate” and not bad at all. I wouldn’t touch it.
 
Posts
4,073
Likes
6,980
I would like to know what Omega in Switzerland can do. They may have original balloons to match and reprint that dial. Personally I would leave it alone until it gets worse.
 
Posts
3,646
Likes
7,750
I would like to know what Omega in Switzerland can do
They send it to a dial restorer - Omega does not restore dials themselve.
Edited:
 
Posts
3,680
Likes
8,484
I would like to know your opinion on the condition of the dial and whether you would restore it if you were me.
absolutely not, and I wouldn't send this watch to Omega anyways, as I don't see any upside to their services for this particular watch, and there are a lot of potential downsides, from them changing something you don't want, to extremely high cost, etc.....