Forums Latest Members

Unclear letter printing on my dial - should I worry?

1. Y.M1619 Apr 30, 2020

Thank you folks for all your replies! When I was taking these pictures I also found myself ridiculous. I finally decide not to bother myself and the forum with the little issue.

Edited Apr 30, 2020
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 30, 2020

Looks the same as one above in another thread

3. Vitezi Apr 30, 2020

Hi @Y.M1619 and welcome to the forum. It's hard for us to tell you much from the one photo. I might recommend that you search for several other examples of your reference, find some focused, straight-on pictures of the dial and look at them all, side by side, on your monitor. Make sure the dial photos are straight-on pictures (because the watch crystal itself can make text look wonky) and sharply focused (because the camera's digitization of the image can make text look wonky).

4. AntonisCy Apr 30, 2020

Can you take a macro shot at a straight angle?

5. OMEGuy Apr 30, 2020

6. Y.M1619 Apr 30, 2020

Thank you Vitezi! More picture added. These are the closest shot I can get out of my poor phone camera.

7. Y.M1619 Apr 30, 2020

Thanks OMEGuy! I can see the ZrO2 engraving on my dial, but it is not as legible as the picture you posted shows. I don’t know if different level of automatic image sharpening of different camera affected the pictures. I added more close shots for mine.

8. Y.M1619 Apr 30, 2020

Thank you for reply AntonisCy. I added some closer shots. Pardon my poor phone camera. If I get any closer it will lose focus.

9. AntonisCy Apr 30, 2020

Not so noticeable in the additional photos you have posted but it is a little bit in the first. I guess it's up to you if you want to take some action. I think the faint ZrO2 is a little bit faint. But it could be glare or the camera.

10. Meme-Dweller Apr 30, 2020

If this were the Rolex forums, you'd have the rare thin stick variant and can now charge a premium

keisuke_z likes this.
  11. Evitzee Apr 30, 2020

I think the OP is being overly picky (paranoid in his words). If he had posted his pics and asked us to point out the flaw I doubt many would pick up on what he is seeing. There are variations in everything. Use Omega's standard for visual appearance of a watch and I think it would pass easily from a flaw viewpoint. I just don't think it is anything to act on, but you can always try to raise it with your dealer and maybe they'll do a goodwill change of dial. But you always run the risk of other issues cropping up.....dust particles, a hair, mis-aligned hands, a scratch or mar.