Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tintin information gathering

1. mph Feb 9, 2018

It was in OB Melbourne. They had two shipped in for Christmas. I chased the last one down and it was sent to my OB store in Sydney. My store hadn't seen one for well over a year before that.

2. Mv6187 Feb 18, 2018

Just picked one up from online reseller, SN 7781XXXX

3. sunnygps Feb 19, 2018

I am interested in buying the Speedy Tintin and was wondering if anyone know of a seller in Japan? The watch will be shipped to USA from Japan. Even, someone in the USA will be fine as long as it comes with a warranty and is less than $3,800 (Costco has it for $3,599.99).

Thank you.

4. blubarb Feb 19, 2018

Are you are in the USA? why not just get it from Costco?

5. sunnygps Feb 19, 2018

The one near me sold the only one they had today. Just did not get there in time. I will try another store tomorrow. My only concern with Costco was that it will not have the Omega warranty card. However, Costco has the best return policy and perhaps that is the better route.

In the end, I am not sure how important it is to have the omega warranty card to have a complete set for a watch like TinTin.

6. blubarb Feb 19, 2018

My personal view is if you have the option then always get the paperwork/cards.

7. sunnygps Feb 19, 2018

Thanks. I’ll try to find one with cards.

8. jetkins Feb 19, 2018

Do Omegas from Costco come with no warranty card, or with one that simply hasn’t been filled out and authorized?

9. sunnygps Feb 19, 2018

My understanding is that it does not come with the warranty card. Since the one I rushed to get was sold, I could not check what all was included in the box.

10. blubarb Feb 19, 2018

I would be surprised if they didn't. :thumbsdown: I am actually surprised they have any.

11. sunnygps Feb 20, 2018

Picked up the watch from Costco. Could not resist and had to have in my hands today. Did not feel like waiting to have it shipped from Japan, etc. Here are quick pictures of what is in the box. Serial # 77778xxx

IMG_0247 no serial.jpeg

Tintin with Box and Cards.jpg

12. Rip76 Feb 20, 2018

13. blubarb Feb 20, 2018

Congrats on a great pickup - and it’s all there. My guess is that production is finished and they are being slowly dripped into the market.

14. sunnygps Feb 20, 2018

I am glad I saw it a couple of days ago in Costco. I knew these were hard to source a while back and seeing it in Costco was a pleasant surprise. It seems like Costco stores are getting one TinTin per store.

My guess is that the warranty card is useless and with Costco’s return policy, I will be OK.

Just waiting for my straps to come in before I start wearing it.

15. blubarb Feb 20, 2018

What makes you think the warranty card would be useless? It should be honoured by any Omega Repair shop, they shouldn't care where you bought it from. I've bought a small number of new watches from non ADs and some of those needed repairs and the brand always honoured them, including Omega.

nima0071 likes this.
  16. sunnygps Feb 20, 2018

Agree, Omega will honor it, but I will have to pay for the service as there is no 2 year (or whatever the warranty period is) warranty coverage from Omega. If bought with a valid stamped warranty card, Omega will repair the watch for free during the warranty period. That is how I understood the advantages of buying from an AD as opposed to from a gray market seller.

17. tenten Feb 22, 2018

18. frazierspa Feb 22, 2018

Congratulations, sunny!

19. turbo_muc Feb 22, 2018

hmmm... my understanding from gray market is that its a secondary market (e.g. Omegas from other countries) but at some point it must have been purchased from an Omega dealer so you should get a warranty card with it. Omega warranty applies.

20. turbo_muc Feb 22, 2018

Btw - I ordered a Tintin in Japan last weekend (NWT with Omega warranty card from Oct 2017). I am soooo looking forward to it :whistling:

frazierspa likes this.