Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tintin information gathering

1. Senior Chief Feb 22, 2018

TinTin purchased last year. # 777776xx (2016)

What type of packaging was your TinTin delivered in? Wood box, or Red case with logo on top (see pic) IMG_1979.JPG

CTS-V and frazierspa like this.
  2. sunnygps Feb 22, 2018

Mine was in a wooden box.

frazierspa likes this.
  3. jetkins Feb 22, 2018

Mine - purchased NIB from @Kringkily - came in the "wood" box. (I doubt it's real wood.)

4. hitsuhina13 Mar 1, 2018

Hi all, I’m currently in Japan and I’m wondering if any of you know where to get Speedmaster tintin in Tokyo? I’ve been asking in Yodobashi and Bic and they don’t have it.

Thanks before

5. Damar13 Mar 1, 2018

Check on online store global rakuten...or i you still cant find it let me know

6. Horai551 Mar 2, 2018

Check out NJ times in Ginza. According to the web site they have one 'Tintin' in store. I purchased mine there late last year. Transaction went well and I got an amazing price. I had the bracelet adjusted however they damaged some of the screws when putting the band back together. I only noticed this after I got back home. I took the watch to Omega here in Melbourne and they replaced the damaged screws for me at no charge. I had completed a serial number check on the watch I was looking at and all legit from my research. As I have reported before as these watches are drying up, NJ times and other dealers are sourcing supply through HK at the big auction houses. My watch was manufactured in 2016 after researching info with Omega but I have no complaints international warranty still ok as all the cards present and stamped. My suggestion if this is your first omega I would probably buy it if you are happy with the watch you see as is, and don't let them touch it too much try it on if it is too big no problem, take the watch to OB when you get home and get them to size it for you if you don't feel confident. English with the staff as very limited so it was just too hard to explain things in more detail and most staff from experience as just sales people to assist with making the sale easier. Good luck. if you are happy with the item you see, do share your photos! There will never be another Omega TinTin, ever!! Love it/wear it.

Edited Mar 2, 2018
    frazierspa likes this.
  7. PhilipH Mar 2, 2018

Saw one at Bicqlo in Shinjuku about a month ago, might be gone but still worth a try.

8. mariah94 Mar 3, 2018

Mine came in the red box. I am looking to buy a wooden box but prices are kind of expensive. I usually store my boxes elsewhere and keep my watches in a winder and display section.so I am rethinking the purchase of wooden box.Love my TinTin though

9. hitsuhina13 Mar 3, 2018

I'm hoping to find physical one in a store, but I'll check out global rakuten... If
    thanka for the info! I did get one from NJ times in Ginza, I will take a picture when I have the time. Now looking for a racing strap! Thanks everyone!

frazierspa and Horai551 like this.
  10. bazderome Mar 4, 2018

Just got mine today from NJ Times in Ginza !! Unbeatable price... And they have a extraordinary vintage section too... IMG_1497.JPG IMG_6527.JPG IMG_8644.JPG IMG_1106.JPG IMG_7488.JPG

CTS-V, #nb, Watchmutt and 8 others like this.
  11. teojjsg Mar 4, 2018

12. Tuura990 Mar 4, 2018

Just got me one last Friday. SN: 778081XX
    Wood box.
    Where is the estimated production number at?

IMG_9826.JPG
    CTS-V, destroid, Watchmutt and 5 others like this.
  13. turbo_muc Mar 5, 2018

Picked my Tintin up from the customs this morning ::love::

Came from Japan in the wooden box. Serial no. 778095xx.

Everything seems fine but I will double-check with the OB.

FullSizeRender (5).jpg IMG_5832.JPG
    CTS-V, Horai551, Watchmutt and 3 others like this.
  14. turbo_muc Mar 5, 2018

Was just in the OB. Everything fine with the authenticity of the watch but the timescale says that it is running slightly out of specs (too fast and to much deviation between the measures). They recommend to send it for a (warranty) service. They said they had two "late buyer" Tintin customers whose watches were out of specs. Did you also experience such issues?

They further wondered that it has the new (screwed) bracelet. The watches in the OB back then had been delivered with the "punched" bracelet. Hows that with you guys? Which version of the bracelet were your Tintins delivered with?

Btw, now there is the sun shining in my office and the slightly stepped up and glossy tintin racing shines just amazingly.::love:::thumbsup:

frazierspa likes this.
  15. Alex06 Mar 5, 2018

IMG_1775.JPG

Numéro 777940xx

16. jetkins Mar 5, 2018

Mine, purchased NOS from an OF member, came with the screwed bracelet. In general use it loses 1-2 seconds per day. I have found that it gains 10-12spd when left crown up, so every few days I leave it that way on my bedside table to bring it back up. I prefer to work with the idiosyncrasies of the mechanical movement in this manner, over setting the time by hand.

17. Tuura990 Mar 5, 2018

Mine came with the screws in the bracelet. Just received last week.

18. 10 Past Mar 14, 2018

65FF042C-444B-450B-A02A-15DC91ED7A48.jpeg

Greetings fellow Enthusiasts, this is my first speedie. Bought in January at the OB in Melbourne. It is probably the brother of MPH’s Tintin. Serial # 777807xx

ptfly, Circusvargasfd, CTS-V and 8 others like this.
  19. neist Mar 19, 2018

Greetings! this is my first purchase on Omega speedmaster tin tin. Having bought 3 months ago as NOS, I got serial no. 777945xx

DC40A82D-9522-49C6-BB1F-09E43979CFC1.jpeg
    CTS-V, bazderome, Watchmutt and 4 others like this.
  20. TimeTicker Mar 25, 2018

Info on two additional TinTins: I found and purchased serial number 77800609 from a Costco store in Arizona on 3/14/18 but returned it a few days later because it was running over 30 seconds a day fast. So that watch went back somewhere to the Costco repair system. Then, on 3/21/18 I found and purchased another TinTin in a Costco in California, serial number 77812066. It keeps very accurate time to within 2 seconds fast a day so it's a keeper. After this purchase I had the store check for any other TinTin's in stock at any Costco store nationwide. None found! I'm very happy I was able to get a second chance to obtain this beautiful new and unique TinTin Speedy.

SpeedyTinTin2.jpg
    Edited May 19, 2018
    CTS-V, omegasaso12, Watchmutt and 5 others like this.