Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tintin information gathering

1. Shibata Mar 17, 2017

The red and black Nato looks great !

CTS-V and 10thSquare like this.
  2. Tk421 Mar 18, 2017

Well done,

FYI

Omega have confirmed there are now 0, none, nil available throughout the OMEGA global network.

Officially it's all over.

78740xxx may be the last serial... And it's mine :)

I'll have some celebratory photos available later in the week.

Special thanks to DLT222 for sourcing mine!

Edited by a mod Mar 18, 2017
    mokofoko likes this.
  3. Greatpa Mar 18, 2017

Congrats and welcome!

It has been stated here before that the Tintin has depleted, and then more showing up..

Mine says hi:
    [​IMG]
    Edited to censor serial number

Edited Mar 19, 2017
    10thSquare likes this.
  4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 18, 2017

What @Tk421 means is that there are none in the Omega Boutique network worldwide. Thats not to say that some AD's don't have them stashed in the safes etc.

5. Tk421 Mar 18, 2017

ok. what he said :whistling:

6. 10thSquare Mar 18, 2017

Thanks ;) It's an Omega strap. I had tried to push the Boutique to give me a discount as I'd heard they were having problems selling the Tintin. They said that as a Boutique they couldn't offer a discount but they did throw the Nato strap in for free.

7. Tiptop2000 Mar 28, 2017

Has anyone seen one for sale in the UK?
    I'm on the hunt so please let me know if you see one out there.

Thanks

jawkdna, mokofoko and madhatter77 like this.
  8. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 28, 2017

That might have been accurate 1+ years ago. Not sure where you heard that. At this point it would be hard to get one unless it was through grey market.

That nato model does look good on the tintin--I had it on mine at one point, but I didn't like how it sat and shifted on my wrist. Eventually I settled on a rubber strap instead.

10thSquare likes this.
  9. OversighT Mar 29, 2017

Hi everyone!
    Brand new here and am looking forward to participating in the community. I'm the proud owner of a new-to-me Speedy Tintin. It was previously owned by a guy in Germany who originally purchased it from a jeweler in Italy. He decided to sell it because he wasn't wearing it. This is my first Omega and I'm loving it.

Serial number is 77-797-6XX

Cheers!

ac921ol, Greatpa, Ree and 1 other person like this.
  10. xantiagib Apr 4, 2017

Saw a couple recently on some watch forums in the uk - they went very quickly - and for @ £3000 - eeek

As for production numbers for the Tintin - I'll stick with the romantic idea that '1954' were to be made - the year Destination Moon was published

11. Tiptop2000 Apr 4, 2017

Can you recommend the forums to be looking out for. Circa £3,000 seems about reasonable.
    European ones are going out about £4-4,500!

12. xantiagib Apr 4, 2017

I sent you a private message

13. McJamesT Apr 10, 2017

This is my first post on the forums in general, picked up a Tin Tin in Kyoto a week or so ago from an authorized dealer. Ill be sure to add my serial number to the list. My first Speedy and my first Omega. I may be hooked now!

14. xantiagib Apr 27, 2017

Interesting to not see a tintin in this photo montage of speedy variations...

[​IMG]

CTS-V, simon.pearl and mokofoko like this.
  15. mokofoko One sad panda Apr 27, 2017

Another example of Omega doing their very best to pretend this model never existed? :D In all seriousness, they're obviously missing other variations--limited room and all that. I see they're missing the LE mitsukoshi speedy, but I suppose that's not surprising given the limited numbers.

16. 10thSquare Apr 27, 2017

17. mokofoko One sad panda Apr 27, 2017

Prices have certainly risen for this model... but that price is well above the going rate. A used one can easily be found for $4k, and a few japanese sellers online still have them available in the $3k-range.

Interesting note--only a few weeks ago, it was still available for sale from authenticwatches for around $3400 (price they had it at for the last 2 years). I see now that they've raised the price to $5k! Jomashop no longer lists it (they had it last year for around $3300). Apparently all grey online dealers are now OOS on cheap tintins. The only chrono24 options are $5k+. Anyone who picked up a tintin recently on the cheap (under $3500) likely made a good investment choice.

Edited Apr 27, 2017
    jawkdna and McJamesT like this.
  18. McJamesT Apr 27, 2017

Perhaps having a racing dial they think they covered it? Who knows. I do enjoy the mystique of TinTin

Pun and mokofoko like this.
  19. 10thSquare Apr 27, 2017

It does seem as though stock is now more or less depleted, and thus prices are on the rise. The reason I mentioned HQ Milton is that they're often mentioned on Hodinkee and have a focus on more collectible watches. Interesting therefore that they should be offering what is almost a brand new watch. By comparison to Rolex, they'll occasionally have a mid-00's 14060M Submariner or an early 2010's Hulk, but I haven't seen pieces from 2016 there before...

CTS-V, McJamesT and mokofoko like this.
  20. mokofoko One sad panda Apr 27, 2017

Ah, that makes sense now. I've never really spent any time at hodinkee before--hear about it plenty though. Reading this forum is about all I can handle! :D

McJamesT likes this.