Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tintin information gathering

1. xantiagib Jun 1, 2016

Depending how tight the control is on these sort of circumstances - the casebacks would have been bathed in something to remove the paint and then sent off to be melted down again

2. Nicherotors Jun 1, 2016

If you go to the museum you will have to ask to see the prototype. It is not out on display.

It was on a black NATO strap when I went so I nearly missed the caseback.

But pulling back on the strap revealed the cover of Explorers on the Moon. I did ask how the image was made but can't rightly remember the answer/ translation - but it was an exquisite rendition. However the image had been printed it looked like clear enamel had been applied on top.

3. xantiagib Jun 2, 2016

with all due respect to those who have gone to the omega museum and asked to see the prototype, no two stories so far coincide for those who claim to have seen the prototype or photos of the same:
    some say the subdial hand is a rocket, some say theres a rocket at 11 with trail down to 10, some say there was Tintin on the back, now its destination moon picture on the back...

Greatpa likes this.
  4. Greatpa Jun 2, 2016

You are right! But sure makes me want to go there even more ;)

xantiagib likes this.
  5. xantiagib Jun 3, 2016

indeed we must make a pilgrimage to the museum wearing our tintins to finally see 'what could have been'
    in the end we have a pretty nice interesting Omega anyway which I'm getting very attached to.
    Still it would be nice to know what the original limited edition intended numbers were....

Greatpa likes this.
  6. Greatpa Jun 3, 2016

[​IMG]

EtherMan, xantiagib and blubarb like this.
  7. XaVi Jun 4, 2016

Hi all,

I've bought a sister for my TinTin, i'm absolutely in love with the BLNR however the TinTin will allways have a place in my heart and in my wrist of course!

image.jpeg

frazierspa, CTS-V and xantiagib like this.
  8. Greatpa Jun 4, 2016

Congrats! The Batman makes the speedy look so small.. :unsure:

turbo_muc likes this.
  9. blubarb Jun 4, 2016

I have the same pairing and love both. I find both wear differently on the wrist, the Tintin sits slightly flatter without the height of the Batman, but both fantastically comfortable.

XaVi likes this.
  10. XaVi Jun 4, 2016

Thanks! The batman was my grial watch but i thought that after i would have the batman i wouldn't look at the TinTin however when i look the TinTin now it makes me feel even more than before how special this watch is...

blubarb and Greatpa like this.
  11. omegasaso12 Jun 13, 2016

20160613_105635.jpg

Bought yesterday new from stock. If you want whole serial let me know.

CTS-V and xantiagib like this.
  12. kov Trüffelschwein. Jun 13, 2016

Congrats !

Seems there are still some NOS available, good to know. :thumbsup:

13. Greatpa Jun 13, 2016

You are correct. Just ordered mine from Omega (!). It will arrive late this month ::psy::

blubarb likes this.
  14. kov Trüffelschwein. Jun 13, 2016

Kudos to you as well. You will love it, it's really a à great model :thumbsup:

15. Greatpa Jun 13, 2016

I feel already in love ::love::

16. lygav Jun 14, 2016

Hello everyone,
    I just signed to the forums after reading here for a long time, so i can share with you
    that i just bought a TinTin speedy :)
    Serial is : 777796XX

17. enchappo Jun 15, 2016

Hi all. Have been a lurker since late last year, but this is my first post on the forums, so please excuse me for anything out of line!

Had been a bit skeptical on the TinTin having only seen it in photos, but the story really intrigued me... and once I saw it in the flesh I absolutely loved it. I'd thought the red and white would look too stark for a Speedy, but in fact it just looks really good. And so bloody crisp. And so, to add to the serial game, I now have a 77.777.1xx

It may or may not go up in value as time passes, but this is a watch I'm pretty happy to own regardless.

Cheers
    Nick

tyrantlizardrex and Greatpa like this.
  18. Greatpa Jun 15, 2016

Welcome!
    And congrats on the Tintin. Your story makes me even more eager to receive mine! ::popcorn::
    The 'looks-better-in-flesh' reaction seems to be quite common..

enchappo likes this.
  19. enchappo Jun 15, 2016

Thanks Greatpa! And I'm sure you will love it when it arrives!

20. Greatpa Jun 29, 2016

Fun fact:
    A rocket of its era
    It was common in literature (Jules Verne, etc.) and in films (Méliès, Fritz Lang, etc.) for spaceships to be depicted as bomb or cigar-shaped. Hergé wanted to make sure that his rocket was at the cutting-edge of technology, and it was only natural that he was inspired by the drawings and plans of the biggest expert on rockets, the German scientist Wernher von Braun, who had designed the infamous V2 flying bombs used in World War II.

[​IMG]
    Professor Calculus' X-FLR6 prototype rocket is also based on a missile designed by the German scientist.

Edit, Link for more info: http://en.tintin.com/albums/show/id/40/page/0/0/destination-moon

CTS-V and XaVi like this.