1. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 28, 2016

I wear mine with any shirt/ outfit.

bent_remy and XaVi like this.
  2. XaVi Apr 28, 2016

Me too

3. Greatpa Apr 28, 2016

Well, you wouldn't want to look like a rainbow :cool:

4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 28, 2016

I'm not concerned about how well it matches. I wear it because I like it, and it is the watch most suited for what I will be doing that day. I guess I'm at a point in life where it doesn't matter to me if others will judge me negatively because my watch slightly clashes with me shoes. If there are people who judge like that I am not interested in knowing them. Face it, it's primarily a stainless steel and black-dialed watch head with some red accents, plus a brown leather strap. It goes with just about anything.

5. AdoM7 Apr 28, 2016

I understand that there are no rules nor particular patterns to wear a watch, however I also understand @Greatpa..
    This watch I have found that it can dominate better on a light shirt. It does show magnificent on a white shirt with really thin stripes of an easy color like faded blue, grey, or green. Even dough I wear my watches under my sleeve, I always like them to dominate over my outfit.
    Everyone has different styles, and even a no-style is a style ::psy::

6. Greatpa Apr 28, 2016

Point taken. It should be how you feel about it yourself!
    The red and white just is a special look to me :thumbsup:

I feel that this thread is gliding off topic once again.. :whistling:

blubarb likes this.
  7. rodvr6 Apr 30, 2016

Hello,

these are my first words in this forum...Yesterday my dream came true and i bought my first high class watch.
    I'm a young sales person with an age of 26 from germany and i decided to buy a Omega Speedmaster and on their homepage i fell in love with the speedy tintin.
    One of my customers ( a former watchmaker with connections to some concessionaires) provided me a new one for a good price i think...
    to complete the list...my watch number is 77777.6.. ( why you doesnt write the last two numbers here in this thread? is there a special reason? to avoid fakes?)
    Is there a way to see how old my watch is? I have the warranty card with 04/2016....

Thank you...

frazierspa and mokofoko like this.
  8. blubarb May 2, 2016

I believe it to be a security issue so as not to have the exact serial number matched to their watch, you never know what scammers are out there. PM me with the number if you want. Makes it easier for me to estimate production numbers with year. You have the same as another owner with 77777.6xx. Right now I have over 50 numbers and growing. I can strongly suggest that these are no longer available at the Omega Boutique Switzerland as I believe the last one was sent to Canada. Still, you never know what Omega will pull out of it's magic box.

mokofoko likes this.
  9. omegadave May 2, 2016

I'll be adding my Tintin to this list later this week.

The NYC OB confirmed they're are no more pieces available in the USA network, but one could be possibly sourced from Switzerland with a 2-3 week turnaround.

10. blubarb May 2, 2016

Possible I guess. Omega holds its cards close to its chest. They're not above being creative in matter Tintin. ;):whistling:

11. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer May 2, 2016

just ran into one locally here

77.779.6xx

cheers

mokofoko and blubarb like this.
  12. mokofoko One sad panda May 3, 2016

I was just at my "local" Omega Boutique, and the rep told me that Omega no longer allows the tintin to be ordered, echoing what was posted earlier. He's not sure when the cutoff was, but he checked for another customer last month. Jomashop still has it available for $2995, but there's no telling how long that will last.

13. mokofoko One sad panda May 3, 2016

Can you elaborate on the bolded section? Some articles published in 2014 stated that this model was being discontinued, but that was all secondhand information?

I never would have thought about matching my watch to an outfit. A tasteful watch can stand on its own, I think. I'm more concerned about matching the watch to a nice strap. After trying a number of different straps (3x Omega natos, x-33 kevlar, bracelet, generic white-stick black rubber, OME-98000037 rubber/leather), I've concluded that the rubber/leather straps are less bulky and feel better even though the nato's (in particular the red/blacks) better match the dial. Shortening the length of the nato's (to avoid tucking the end) might change my mind, but I don't have the balls to permanently disfigure $200 straps. I'll probably just sell the two red/black nato's I showed several pages back--I only wore them for a few minutes before deciding they weren't for me.

14. Greatpa May 3, 2016

I would like to, but I am not a firsthand source. I talked with somebody in the know, who informed me that they will not be making another batch. The number produces is the number produced, so they will run out at some point. Soon, I think.
    To support this; I noticed that the Tintin does indeed appear in the retailers catalogue, BUT does NOT appear in their customers catalogue. A sign that the end is near for the Tintin's availability :whistling: if you ask me :thumbsup:
    Even limited watches such as the speedmaster snoopy appears in both catalogues eventhough there is none left. So if you add the numbers, the Tintin will be a wanted model soon ::bleh::

Regarding the NATO strap shortening, I've heard that the prices will be reduced, at least in the EU market ::psy:: if it suits your wrist better, I think you should go ahead and shorten it, and if you do, post the result::popcorn::

mokofoko likes this.
  15. shoota70 May 3, 2016

Moonphase will be the next to be "gone" - hence why they didn't update the Ref #.

16. rbob99 May 3, 2016

Me three.

17. XaVi May 3, 2016

:.

18. mokofoko One sad panda May 3, 2016

Oh, I'll take what I can get--another secondhand source of information is always welcome. I just wasn't sure if you were basing it off the fratello report which is already known.

I'm sure it's limited, but will it be sought after? If not for the limited numbers, this model wouldn't have much going for it. Racing dial fans seem to love the older orange/gray/red. More than most models, opinions of the tintin seem to be pretty polarizing. I love it, but as I'm frequently told by everyone I know--my opinions are irrelevant :D

Greatpa likes this.
  19. tyrantlizardrex May 5, 2016

Buying a watch as an investment is idiotic. These things are for wearing. Buy it, enjoy it, get on with your life. Don't expect to make money.

blubarb and davy26 like this.
  20. xantiagib May 5, 2016

enjoy it spend a little money on straps and servicing over the years and you may not lose money on it - make money - perhaps if you are part of the small group that gets their hand on ultra limited edition cars and watches than us plebs only read about in articles...

tyrantlizardrex likes this.