Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tintin information gathering

1. mokofoko One sad panda May 5, 2016

I said absolutely nothing about turning a profit in that post, so I'm not sure why you'd be targeting me with such a condescending response.

2. tyrantlizardrex May 5, 2016

You talked about long term desirability etc. The only time anyone is ever interested in that if if they're looking to make money. Hence the response. Not saying that's what you're doing, but that's the implication to be gleaned from what you said.

On to the other matter:

Did I call you an idiot, or did I make a statement?

3. mokofoko One sad panda May 5, 2016

All I did was ask if it would be "sought after." That's not the same as asking if it will be valuable (maybe that's how you saw it--but not how I intended it). I want the speedy reduced marui because I love panda watches. It has been a highly sought after model, but at this point it's unlikely to increase in value much--I'd buy it all the same if I could find one!

If you state that the actions or inclinations of a person are idiotic, it's heavily implied that you're calling said person an idiot. Upon reflection, I'm sure you didn't mean it as a personal attack, but it rubbed me the wrong way.

It's not like I'm saying that only the future value should be worthy of consideration--it can be a factor. If you're deliberating between two watches you love equally, why not pick the one that's more likely to increase in value? I don't buy limited edition watches for resale purposes, but if people want to do that then more power to them. There's no reason to be close-minded on the topic. People can and should do whatever they want with their money, right?

Edited May 5, 2016
    JesterP likes this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex May 5, 2016

If it helps, this thread aside, I do think you're an idiot.

5. mokofoko One sad panda May 5, 2016

Well that's real nice. I guess it's easier to call names than to have a civilized conversation.

Edited May 5, 2016
    xantiagib and JesterP like this.
  6. tyrantlizardrex May 5, 2016

Again, not what I said.

Have you considered removing your head from your Arse before replying?

Try it. Everyone else would like it.

7. DJM74 May 5, 2016

::popcorn::

8. mokofoko One sad panda May 5, 2016

Maybe you should take your own advice, chief. I'll be ignoring you in the future. Have a good day.

9. ulackfocus May 5, 2016

Sorry, my crystal ball is in the shop. The Magic 8 Ball isn't much help either - it said "ask again later" and "cannot predict now" when I tried. Oh well. :rolleyes:

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 5, 2016

Tintin worth heaps.

When these come back in.
    image.jpeg

xantiagib likes this.
  11. tyrantlizardrex May 5, 2016

The exit's over there, don't let it hit you in the Arse on the way out.

12. Greatpa May 5, 2016

[​IMG]
    Couldn't resist..

ulackfocus likes this.
  13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 5, 2016

Greatpa likes this.
  14. ulackfocus May 5, 2016

15. mokofoko One sad panda May 5, 2016

You can't make me leave that easily--you'll have to get me banned. ::bleh::

16. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 5, 2016

Greatpa likes this.
  17. tyrantlizardrex May 5, 2016

I love the way you edit your posts after someone has commented on them, in an attempt to make yourself look like less of an arsehat.

Not just on this thread, but all over the place.

image.png

Keep going and you'll get yourself banned.

18. mokofoko One sad panda May 5, 2016

I don't know what crawled up your bum, friend. I was simply unhappy with the wording of one of your responses. Seems like a lot of misplaced anger. I'm not sure why you're so pissed off, but I'd suggest we just drop this conversation.

As for your "proof" though, so what? There's no law against editing posts. People can change their minds after posting, or decide the wording doesn't quite fit. You may not like it, but that's how I post. I see nothing on the Q&A rule page relating to editing your own posts--it's not like I changed someone's text from a quote. And for your information, with the example you posted I actually edited my post BEFORE I saw your response. I simply changed my mind on the comment I posted. I really don't care if you believe me or not.

19. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 5, 2016

blubarb and larryganz like this.
  20. tyrantlizardrex May 5, 2016

I thought you were going to ignore me? Are you in love with me? Is that was this is? I'm flattered, but not interested.