Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tintin information gathering

1. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 8, 2019

Where did the Batman become a Daytona?

Foo2rama likes this.
  2. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

I’m not a dealer nor a reseller. I’m also not a speculator. I did well in this last year by getting a few lucky Rolexes that I flipped and a few Omegas as well and for a short bit for fun was a flipper. I’ve done extremely well. I have every watch I could want in my collection sans a 321. Which will happen. I’ve been offered a lot for the TinTin’s, 2 have now moved on. Therefore my answer is simple, if it worked for me then someone with far more experience in the watch game will do quite well. I don’t pay attention to Chrono24, EBay, etc. I’m not Authentic Watches selling a $15,000 TinTin sans papers. My experience is just that. Mine. I would recommend TinTin’s all day to others but over $10k it better be NOS and complete. That’s my overall experience. Keep it simple.

3. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

Listen it’s your fine argument that starts this fine day with your very brave and personal confession of confusion. The onus is on you to clear up that confusion either medically if that’s the root cause or further review this handy dandy thread. Until then. Sing with me, sing for the years, Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears... You know how the rest goes I’m positive. In summary you’ve offered many tears of boredom, we need the laughs or else your proving yourself to not have much value. It’s all there in the many pages gracing your presence. I can tell you have the time, have at it.

4. tyrantlizardrex Apr 8, 2019

Your local OB had zero, whilst the 7 that were in London at the time, had somewhere between 14, and 21 between them.

They were readily available here, and this was not “redistributed” stock.

5. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

14 and 21, which is it? London is quite populous. Let’s say it’s 21, but your info isn’t exact nor official but 21 is not many in that populated of an area. Anecdotally speaking I think your story just further spins the tail of scarcity, sure collectors were late to the table but not any longer.

6. tyrantlizardrex Apr 8, 2019

As I said they each had 2-3 a piece when I was inquiring in 2016.

You’re under the illusion that all Omega stock moves fast - this is not the case.

There may not have been many of this model produced, but they also were not popular - no one was late to the table. No one wanted to buy this model until the internet spin started.

7. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 8, 2019

It’s not an argument it’s a simple question. You now seemingly have no Tintins so I guess you are out. Enjoy your Daytona and possibly Batman too. It’s a small wonder you didn’t ask them to throw in a Riva Speedboat.

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

I’m not under any illusion. You just stated a maximum of 21 watches for a city with over 8,000,000 people. That’s your tale. I’m believing you. I’m in agreement.

9. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

If it’s so simple take your time that you have a plenty and read the fun thread that sits before you. The answer isn’t shrouded in code.

10. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 8, 2019

I agree. The logical conclusion based on the contradictions, plot holes and all round shiftiness of your posts is that it’s all bullshit. I now am satisfied I have closure. As you were.

Foo2rama likes this.
  11. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

There are zero contradictions nor is there confusion anywhere but that, that exists in that pea. I also have a Hulk, a Two Tone Bluesy, Several Pateks. Would you like to know how I sourced each of those as well? How about my waist size as well? Anything TinTin related is clear in this thread as discussed and easy to renavigate. If you need to sniff under pant sizes go on and private message me. I promise I’m not into that kind of thing but we can still exchange a friendly no thank you.

12. tyrantlizardrex Apr 8, 2019

My point isn’t that there are low numbers, my point is that they didn’t all get dumped in Asia.

There’s no big conspiracy/redistribution - just a lot of stock, sat in stores that didn’t sell.

13. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

That btw did make me chuckle which I’m sure we can both agree is more than a giggle. Well done.

14. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

True Story I was at an OB 2 days ago who on that day received a 1957 Trilogy. It was brand new and reshuffled from Japan. I physically put the damn thing on my wrist. Previously this watch was supposedly “Sold Out”. This kind of activity is quite common. I’m sure it happens all the time. You are correct zero conspiracy.

15. Skipper_S Apr 8, 2019

You guys think we are interested in your arguments? I suggest both of you (or at least one) stop replying so this thread can continue its purpose of existence...

thank you!!!

16. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Apr 8, 2019

No pictures, it didn’t happen

Pun and Inushuk like this.
  17. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

I agree.

The very amusing part of this little campfire party that a few *wink* seem hellbent on extinguishing(what is the motivation? Smile) is that #1. This type of debate and strife just raises the attention and profile for the piece in discussion. As an owner of a TinTin I thank you. Drama, Arguments, Fights, Debate, Disagreement is all good stuff to happen for a watch. I am not creating it but now that it’s here....I’m not taking credit for it either...But I certainly think I'm satisfied (given the circumstances) inviting it. Let me just warm my hands for a bit by the embers.

18. tyrantlizardrex Apr 8, 2019

The purpose of this tread "Information Gathering" was derailed the minute that conversations turned to "investment" and "future value".

As @smitty190373 pointed out, this thread is now "pure boiler room".

And this is coming from someone who own's (and actually wears) one of these watches.

Pun and Davidt like this.
  19. kilofinal Apr 8, 2019

wow....what's the reasoning driving the urgency in your recommendation that people should pickup a Tin Tin "ASAP"?

20. King.of.Kings Apr 8, 2019

Totally agree. Let’s see how long it takes before the investment talk surfaces again. Lol!