Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tintin information gathering

1. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 7, 2019

Utter Nonsense? No. By 2016 they were redistributed. A local OB had zero and couldn’t get a single TinTin until 2017. They got 1. Compare that to other limited pieces that they get 3-4. It’s a well trafficked OB. We have close to 1500 pieces in existence. They were not readily available. And now they are gone completely. I had an OB recently offer me a 57 Trilogy Speedmaster plus cash for my TinTin. Nope.

2. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 7, 2019

100%.

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 7, 2019

I like how your comparing watches that sold out in 3 hours to watch that had examples sitting unsold inside the boutique system for 3 years.

I’m not saying it’s not getting a nice resurgence currently, but from comments I’ve heard about this thread it’s not going to meet your expectations. Heck I could source 4 right now

Davidt and davy26 like this.
  4. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 7, 2019

What expectations? I own one that I will never sell and I traded my second for a Daytona.

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 7, 2019

You did a straight up trade for a Daytona?

I better go buy the 3 I see for under 6k lol and the other 10 for 8k... well pretty sure I could haggle at least 6 of them down... then the other 7 up around 10... then the other 9 at higher prices.

Seem to be a lot for sale for such a desired watch in low quantities.

MTROIS and ReturnOfUltraman like this.
  6. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 7, 2019

Finding used, incomplete sets, etc. is easy. My pair were unworn full sets. A true collector wants pristine unworn sets.

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 7, 2019

About 1/2 of the ones I listed are full unworn sets. 50% of the rest are full sets.

I’m sorry you have a watch you will never enjoy wearing.

fergusm and davy26 like this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 7, 2019

About 1/2 of the ones I listed are full unworn sets. 50% of the rest are full sets.

I’m sorry you have a watch you will never enjoy wearing.

9. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 7, 2019

I wear my watches daily. No sympathy required. My recommendation to anyone, pickup a TinTin ASAP. Anything $10,000-$11,000 or under is a safe buy. Then enjoy, wear and watch as values rise. It’s a fun ride.

10. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 8, 2019

I am confused. You said in your very first post. you traded it for a Batman, so which is it? Can we have sone pics of your watches, it might help to clear it up.

11. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

No confusion. You’re reading comprehension might be lacking a bit, but I can assure you that little issue won’t have an affect on your future.

12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 8, 2019

He also said he was going to trade for a Daytona 3 months ago in 3 months...

13. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 8, 2019

So was this correct or was it bullshit?

If correct, where does the Daytona come in?

Help a guy out with his comprehension since many of us are hanging on your every word.

jetkins, Davidt and Foo2rama like this.
  14. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

100% accurate. Now what’s next?

15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 8, 2019

So you traded 2 Tintins one for a Batman the other even trade for a new Daytona?

I was thinking... I have been to many many Omega collector watch events with literally over a hunderd speedies in attendance and I have never seen a PCA speedy in person. It must be super rare and valuable right? the sales man at Tourno told me he would sell me one at 25,000 should I buy up all of the ones I can find that are going for less since that sales guy told me that?

I swear I traded a Vantage (rare hamilton sub brand with the same movement as a Tudor) straight up for a double red, but I am not going to post pictures of the double red.

When my ST2 finally goes up, I have a guy that mentioned he might trade a Platona for it, should I do it in 3 months?

I'm curious why over the past few months have you paid almost 10k for a watch when NOS ones are available all over the place for under 8k? I know I never finished my MBA but that seems like a bad investment...

TLDR: The Tintin is a nice piece, it is at a high right now and I do not think you will see much more movement on it, as the high asking prices on the internet for them are sitting and not selling. There is a difference between asking and selling, and right now there is alot of inventory out there which does not bode well for it rising. Yes it has gone up the past year, and as such alot of people are unloading the watch and they are not selling, which tends to mean that the rise is over. Its true the piece never got the love it should have, but the same can be said for the brown dial which is also pretty uncommon. Relax and listen to the guys that actually have watched this market for years, and everyone is telling you the same thing.

MTROIS likes this.
  16. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

Keep it simple.

17. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 8, 2019

The bullshit bit? Yes as I suspected.

Funny, when challenged you become a man of few words.

MTROIS and Foo2rama like this.
  18. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

That’s interesting you challenged me? I’m sorry but you are no challenge. As for bullshit? My posts state events as they’ve transpired. A monkey could follow along. My posts will continue with that level of transparency. If you don’t like this thread or my posts, great! I’ll enjoy your continuing presence. You don’t pose a threat to anything consequential and so far each post of yours brings me to an almost giggle. Maybe the next one will get me into giggle territory. Keep honing your skills. I have faith. That’s what you are here for, the laughs and so far you’re not holding up your end of the bargain.

19. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 8, 2019

Fine then answer my question...

How do you see a large sitting unsold inventory, and full set NOS examples sitting unsold for less then you paid as a sign that something is still going up?

There are more Tintins on the market then Brown Dials. How is that the case unless people are cashing out on the Tintins and they are not able to actually move them?

20. padders Oooo subtitles! Apr 8, 2019

You still haven’t explained how you traded a TinTin for a Daytona. You are talking about it as a done deal in the past tense above and no you haven’t been transparent. Nor have we seen a single photo from you to support any of it.

Foo2rama likes this.