Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tintin information gathering

1. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

It doesn’t have to be. I belong to Rolex discussion groups and I own rare pieces in that brand as well and 99% of participants are accepting of any form of discussion around what prices they are currently seeing, what’s a good buy vs bad buy, etc. Sour grapes does come from the small minority who can’t get and want said pieces. I do think Omegas and scarcity and escalating pricing is a relatively new phenomenon with the brand whereas with Rolex it’s existed like that for a while. Omega fans will get used to it, I would think most Omega fans would welcome the idea of watches that finally appreciate in value. The time has now come. I wear my TinTin and actually just ordered a strap seen in this very thread. Great thread.

2. LeonDeBayonne Apr 8, 2019

How can a boutique engage in trade? They can't buy any watch!

Pun, ptfly and Foo2rama like this.
  3. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

The lead salesperson wanted the TinTin personally and was throwing everything at me to try to convince me of letting my last one go. I declined politely but he did help me better size my bracelet. Win Win!

4. LeonDeBayonne Apr 8, 2019

Did he offer a trip to the moon as well? This is one of the most absurd stories I have ever heard.

Edited Apr 8, 2019
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 8, 2019

Seems like all AD owners, lead salespersons want Tintin,s 650EEDA1-0300-4B00-BFDD-DC56FD9F8C00.gif

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

Having walked into watch dealers with my Kermit on and getting similar reactions I’d say I’m used to it. Many watch dealers, sales people, etc. Are enthusiasts themselves and if they see something they want they find the means to get it. Or at minimum attempt to get the dialogue started. It’s not a unique experience. I’ve traded several watches to dealers.

7. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

Not exactly. Split 50/50 I’d say.

8. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Apr 8, 2019

You seem to be holding back today. Are you feeling up to snuff?

Togri v. 2.0 and STANDY like this.
  9. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

Does anyone have any additional pictures of the Omega Black Nato with Red Side Stripes. I hope to pick up the Omega Black Nato with Red side stripes in the next few weeks. They were sold out on my last visit but ever since it was posted in this thread I think it’s the perfect nato for this watch.

10. LeonDeBayonne Apr 8, 2019

Boutique managers, whether being passionate about watches or not, are not paid the amount of money to afford to buy at a premium an umpteenth limited edition (that was made available until early 2018) in particular while they can, once in a while, buy a watch at a discount. This does not make any sense, you're just making up stories.

Davidt, DSOTM and Foo2rama like this.
  11. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

That’s pretty inaccurate as far as I’ve seen as I know the vehicles a few drive and if you can afford 4 and 5 series BMW’s and a Range Rover you are making a decent living.

12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 8, 2019

OP is doing enough of a good job on himself, no need to tread on his toes now. ;)

Davidt likes this.
  13. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Apr 8, 2019

Ever heard of PCPs? - enable any chav to use the sort of cars you used to need some substance to be involved with.

I'd agree with the sensible posters here that the thread is like a polluted stream - full of rubbish and about the - mercenary - aspects of the hobby that don't make for constructive/informative forum content.

smitty190373 and fergusm like this.
  14. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

I’d definitely recommend to all users to direct and tailor the conversation that fits their desires by posting useful replies that garner future replies that again are tailored to their liking. A continuation of debating against the ever increasing value of a watch doesn’t lead you to what you desire. You can’t have it both ways. The other option is a more simple one, use your brain to filter thoughts you can agree with. This conversation type stuff is pretty easy.

15. tyrantlizardrex Apr 8, 2019

#ShillLife

smitty190373, Davidt and dwboston like this.
  16. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

So you say...

17. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 8, 2019

D2815377-9D15-4534-BA8F-390411157BD8.png

Purchased 2 TinTins claimed sold 2 owns 1.

Claims knowledge of Omega OB system... I just called them and 2 are available still in the US. If I want an international search they will get back to me in a few days.

Claims to own multiple pataks and multiple other Rolex, yet has to finance a sub 10k watch via a jeweler? Umm no your not the watch baller you claim you are.

Refusal to answer basic questions about the market.

Refusal to prove anything.

DLT222, xantiagib, MTROIS and 4 others like this.
  18. SpeedyTomorrow Apr 8, 2019

Definitely agree that you confirmed your troll status. On point.

Please clap.

Also I didn’t sell anything. Traded. Yes. And it’s Patek not Patak. Try better.

19. Ludi Apr 8, 2019

How about a fashionista instead ...

F5743A36-8BA4-4BB9-80A5-21FBC7DA69FB.jpeg

Redbirdsfan70, 4runnin, Pun and 6 others like this.
  20. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 8, 2019

Oh you got me there, amazing comeback... your ability to answer zero questions is amazing.